IGNORED

Happy Friday the 13th

BULLman

my wife and i had our first date on friday 12/13/85...we were married on 6/13/87 in room 613 of a beachfront hotel. today is our 21st anniversary.

13 is our lucky number!!!!!

We had Friday the 13th on the 11th at work. Mylar ballons froma graduation ceremony gave us a power glitch that took down all the computers about 2110pm. Took us two hours to get the equiptment running again.

I hope tonight is quiet instead! :eek:

my wife and i had our first date on friday 12/13/85...we were married on 6/13/87 in room 613 of a beachfront hotel. today is our 21st anniversary.

13 is our lucky number!!!!!

Glad things worked out :)

Looks like, Fridays [not just those on the 13th] can be unlucky [from the 1st link]....

LEGEND HAS IT: Never change your bed on Friday; it will bring bad dreams. Don't start a trip on Friday or you will have misfortune. If you cut your nails on Friday, you cut them for sorrow. Ships that set sail on a Friday will have bad luck – as in the tale of H.M.S. Friday ... One hundred years ago, the British government sought to quell once and for all the widespread superstition among seamen that setting sail on Fridays was unlucky. A special ship was commissioned, named "H.M.S. Friday." They laid her keel on a Friday, launched her on a Friday, selected her crew on a Friday and hired a man named Jim Friday to be her captain. To top it off, H.M.S. Friday embarked on her maiden voyage on a Friday, and was never seen or heard from again.

I remember from watching the Deadliest Catch. the captains would do almsot anything to not leave on a Friday.

Must be a boat thing about leaving on Friday, How many times have I gone to rallies on a Friday....got a box full of pins to prove it. No probelm. Now, when I left on a Saturday I blew a transmission input shaft

What say ye to that? AAaRRRRR!

Ships that set sail on a Friday will have bad luck – as in the tale of H.M.S. Friday ... One hundred years ago, the British government sought to quell once and for all the widespread superstition among seamen that setting sail on Fridays was unlucky. A special ship was commissioned, named "H.M.S. Friday." They laid her keel on a Friday, launched her on a Friday, selected her crew on a Friday and hired a man named Jim Friday to be her captain. To top it off, H.M.S. Friday embarked on her maiden voyage on a Friday, and was never seen or heard from again.

Ah, if only this were a true tale and not just a joke told by the Irish comedian Dave Allen on his BBC TV show in the 1970's.

Andy

Archived