IGNORED

Coconut Water for emergency plasma transfusion?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

From a coworker...interesting!

"It's a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It's the fluid of life, so to speak." In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water - siphoned directly from the nut - to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.

Most coconut water is still consumed fresh in tropical coastal areas - once exposed to air, the liquid rapidly loses most of its organoleptic and nutritional characteristics, and begins to ferment.

• Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol!

• Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories

• Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk

• Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk!

• Coconut water is a universal donor-- Its identical to human blood plasma

• Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage - The same level we have in our blood.

• Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV.

bakerzdosen

Interesting Steve. I honestly had never heard of that. I actually like coconut water, though I have to admit it was an acquired taste (it took several weeks or months of drinking it.) I certainly didn't like it at first.

More info

Jan,

I don't get the reference. The word coconut doesn't appear once (according to google) on the dhmo.org site.

Interesting Steve. I honestly had never heard of that. I actually like coconut water, though I have to admit it was an acquired taste (it took several weeks or months of drinking it.) I certainly didn't like it at first.

More info

Jan,

I don't get the reference. The word coconut doesn't appear once (according to google) on the dhmo.org site.

A lot of true facts... but in the end seems like the hype is all about nothing.

Perhaps not completely fair as I hadn't heard of this either, and it is interesting. On the other hand it does seem written to hype something that is essentially just a curiosity. Some of the statements are blatantly wrong, e.g. "It is identical to human blood plasma".

Anyway, this was looking like it came from an advertisement and someone was planning to make big money off it. To that extent, it's a hoax supported with enough truth to make it look good: dihydrogen monoxide.

See ya,

Jan

Firefight911

Perhaps the information revolves around the Pina Colada! Afterall, what injury doesn't feel better after a good drink!?! I'm just sayin'

Actually, the more I look at it, the less I like it, and the more it seems designed to fool than educate.

• Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol!

Wouldn't that then be less nutritious, since it has fewer nutrients? :dopeslap:

Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories

Diet Coke has fewer calories than OJ. I never thought that was more healthy. How many calories in snake venom I wonder? :dopeslap:

• Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk

Well this one is a real humdinger. Better in what way? Human milk has lauric acid, and coconut water has lauric acid too... hhmmm that would seem to make them similar, not one better than the other... and then to suggest that this one characteristic makes coconut milk better overall, whatever is meant by that term "better", is ludicrous. :dopeslap:

• Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk!

Ok, so it's sterile, uhmm so what. Is drinking sterile fluids normal or desirable? Water permeates through the husk? Possibly, but in most plants fluids are brought up through the plant's circulatory system, and contain plant synthesized compounds. It's not like this stuff is water, after all. That's just a name that reflects that it's thin and lacking in nutrients compared to coconut milk. This is a biological fluid. :dopeslap:

ok, you get my point.

Then the link you provided. Lots of claims, no references. More crazy language designed to mislead.

Just makes me sick that I haven't started one of these ripoff businesses is all.

Jan

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Well this one is a real humdinger. Better in what way? Human milk has lauric acid, and coconut water has lauric acid too... hhmmm that would seem to make them similar, not one better than the other... and then to suggest that this one characteristic makes coconut milk better overall, whatever is meant by that term "better", is ludicrous. :dopeslap:

I interpreted the "processed baby milk" to mean baby formula and not human breast milk. In stating the lauric acid point, they were favorably comparing coconut milk w/ human milk.

I interpreted the "processed baby milk" to mean baby formula and not human breast milk. In stating the lauric acid point, they were favorably comparing coconut milk w/ human milk.

It's in baby formula too. This stuff is a common component of naturally occurring oils.

Archived