IGNORED

Just Found a Tick on Me!! Yuk.

Albert

Not sure how he came to be there but I felt something on my neck and when I reached up I picked a bug off and it was a wood tick. He was apparently ready to go in for a drink but he wasn't locked in since he came right off. I'm in an office but a group of us walk at lunch time so I'm guessing I picked him up then. Kind of weird since we're on sidewalks and streets the whole time. I guess he jumped off one of the lower hanging trees. I'm feeling all crawly right now. :eek:

baggerchris

They feel the vibrations from someone or something walking underneath a tree and let themselves just fall on the unsupecting Blood donor. Sometimes they will start at shoe level however and crawl up your leg or pants and either make it to your head, or where your boys are. Ain't that a fun thought?

I've had em both places and eveywhere inbetween. On me, they seem to like the inside of my knees.

bakerzdosen

Oh, if this doesn't have "Tick Magnet" as a new forum nickname written all over it, I don't know what does.

Oh, if this doesn't have "Tick Magnet" as a new forum nickname written all over it, I don't know what does.

Careful there bud. Leslie is very creative. Oh, and yeah, she has lots of help. Things could get worse than "Dislocated Member" you know. :/

Jan

Ticks happen. I've never had a particularly bad reaction to them. On the other hand, chiggers (which seem to be associated with blackberry patches) are virtually invisible, and cause me no end of grief. I was bitten by one last weekend, despite having pant legs tucked in to boots, and taking a shower after working in the yard, I noticed a small bump on the back of my calf. Sure enough, 24 hours later I had a blister and an inflamed spot 3" in diameter surrounding it.

Not sure how he came to be there but I felt something on my neck and when I reached up I picked a bug off and it was a wood tick. He was apparently ready to go in for a drink but he wasn't locked in since he came right off. I'm in an office but a group of us walk at lunch time so I'm guessing I picked him up then. Kind of weird since we're on sidewalks and streets the whole time. I guess he jumped off one of the lower hanging trees. I'm feeling all crawly right now. :eek:

Normal hygiene will solve a lot of these problems.

bakerzdosen

Careful there bud. Leslie is very creative. Oh, and yeah, she has lots of help. Things could get worse than "Dislocated Member" you know. :/

Jan

It's OK, I don't even think that the mods READ the forums any more. They're too busy with upgrades. :dopeslap:

Jan

It's OK, I don't even think that the mods READ the forums any more. They're too busy with upgrades. :dopeslap:

Oh, I assure you, SHE reads mine & Matt's. :/

Archived