IGNORED

Breaker,! Breaker! What was your CB handle?

eddd

I was just mentioning in the 55 mph thread that a CB radio was a real help back in the days of the national speed limit. That got me to remembering my CB "handle".

I thought it might be "entertaining" to see what you used to call yourself and maybe why.

I'll be the first to embarrass myself:

I was Boondock Buffalo. The name came from where I was living: In the boondocks of South Dakota on the Rosebud Indian Reservation where there were several ranches in the area that raised buffalo.

beemerman2k

Oh man, I was just telling my daughters about CB Radio -- the "Internet of the 70's"!

I have always been a huge admirer of military fighter jets. Therefore, my handle was the "Phantom", for the Viet Nam era, Air Force fighter, F4 Phantom jet.

" BLUE STREAK "

My '68 Ford 3/4 ton was blue and carried an 11-1/2' Dreamer camper.....Ah.........Those were the days....

Phil......Redbrick (Yeah, my bike is red)...

Lone_RT_rider

Mine was "The Mad man"... long story. It's especially strange since I was all of 11 or 12 years old at the time. I remember my parents having CB's in both our 1977 Toyota Celica GT and our 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic station wagon. I have often thought about setting one up in the truck I have now. I remember using a CB being just a blast on long trips when I was a kid. Of course, now that the price of fuel is what it is, long trips in the truck are not something we do all that often.

Shawn

baggerchris

Blue Goose for the big blue 4wd 1972 Chevy Blazer I had. It was loaded and had the heavy duty 4 speed, but it came with a 3.07 rear end and really was not a very good ride over all. It was just too big and wide for the little Sierra Back roads. Finally sold it and got a 1973 CJ 5, with V8; hardtop and Stagger Block tires. Kept that for 125k miles. It was a very nice jeep. I even put air conditioning in it for my Wife.Death Valley; Bodie; Grand Canyon; Monument Valley. That old Jeep saw a lot of action during it's stay with me, and my Son still talks about our trips.

99.jpg

:grin:

Ohhh, that one's gonna follow you for a looooong time. :grin:

Its just jokes.... I barely remember CBs. :grin:

ThunderMug..

Boy that was a while back..during my truckin days...Late 70s..early 80s....

Used to work for an owner operator who had 4 trucks....one of the other drivers went by "Bedpan"..or "Sh!t the bed Ed"....

Ill go quietly now...

K K B 5 800 The Green Streak.

I have a real cb license somewhere.

Back in 74 we had to carry a cb license card if I remember correctly.

Archived