IGNORED

Leatherman or SAK

Shaman97

Leatherman or SAK  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh that kind of Leatherman!

On the BMW, space isn't really an issue so I prefer to pack the real tools to do the job properly rather than one that does nothing particularly well.

I've been using Leatherman® products exclusively (pocket utility tool) since about 85 & thus have no first hand experience with other offerings.

If ya have a Yamaha you don't need either....wait I sold my Yamaha.....

How do ya spell leathergirly again????????????????

All you really need for an RT is a big hammer.

305680215_GRShB-L.jpg

ShovelStrokeEd

I keep my Juice in my pocket nearly all the time. I have always carried a pocket knife of one sort or the other. The screwdrivers come in handy at work. The pliers and wire cutter, ditto. No way I'll attack my bike with it, that's what real tools are for.

Agent_Orange

Neither. I use the Craftsman stainless steel multi-tool. It has slipjoint jaw and drive tool. The great thing about it is that I can exchange it at any Sears if it breaks.

All other multi-tools have to be sent in for exchange or repair.

Coming from California, I have to carry both...

The Leatherman tools I have do not have a corkscrew.

The SAKs I have do.

Indispensible.....

Since I do a lot of material testing in my work I would like to say that the leatherman tools are much better than the swiss army tools. I usually lose my leathermans were I used to wear out or break my swiss army knives!

bakerzdosen

I lost my Leatherman Wave a few years ago, and missed it so much that I bought another one within a week. When the "old" one showed up in the bottom of my computer bag, I thought I'd regret having two. Well, I was wrong.

I have two Leatherman Wave's now, in addition to two Leatherman Squirt p4's (keychains), and one of those Wave's is always with me when I'm on a trip on the bike.

russell_bynum

Both.

Leatherman wave in the tanbag, SAK either in my pocket or in the tankbag. The SAK is a simple model...two blades, flat-head screwdriver/bottle opener, small flat-head screwdiver/can opener, phillips, awl.

Gerber for me......I can open it one handed, and the handles don't cut into my hands like the leathermans. I have several leathermans and a couple of swiss knives, too.......Just don't carry them.

Archived