IGNORED

"The Americans" ... for KenH

Whip

I meant to do this yesterday.....

Thanks Whip.........My Memorial Day flag will stay up for a while...I've always been proud to be an American...

Phil.........Redbrick

I meant to do this yesterday.....

Thanks Whip.........My Memorial Day flag will stay up for a while...I've always been proud to be an American...

Phil.........Redbrick

+1

Oh don't get me wrong Larry, I agree completely that the USA has done some wonderful things in the past. We have indeed done much good around the world.

But that speech is over 30 years old.

I do think it's important to occassionally look back, proudly even, at what we have done. Once in awhile.

But the real question is not what the past 30, 50 or even 100 years were, but what will the next 30, 50 or (maybe) 100 years be?

Oh don't get me wrong Larry, I agree completely that the USA has done some wonderful things in the past. We have indeed done much good around the world.

I do think it's important to occassionally look back, proudly even, at what we have done. Once in awhile.

But the real question is not what the past 30, 50 or even 100 years were, but what will the next 30, 50 or (maybe) 100 years be?

Ken,

If you are suggesting that the stuff that made America great is in short supply these days I would agree..

Nuts!

There was no magic past that happened. Lawman, I love ya but stop looking at history of this country with rose colored glasses. Many great acts were done since the USA was born and just as many terrible things to. I have seen people do things in the past 2 years that makes me sure that the human element is still very positive overall in this world. The number of bad things now is no worse then it was back in the 40's. In many ways it was far worse then. Every generation thinks it was a simpler time back then. It wasn't.

Kaisr :thumbsup:

Francois_Dumas

There are good people and bad people in every country and nation. Perhaps I am naive, but I like to believe that the good 'uns are still in the majority. They certainly are on these boards :wave:

I was amazed at how current that "song/speech" really is.

Re:

The week dollar

Natural disasters....(earthquakes in China and the Red Cross right there to help with US $$ and people.)

Politics of war

The way other nations of the world view us.

With a few slight changes it could have been written last week.

BTW Tom

The Lawman and I both see 20/20......no roses in the way.

Black and White Baby!!!!!

Full speed ahead.

The futures so bright I may need shades.

:clap:

I was amazed at how current that "song/speech" really is.

Re:

The week dollar

Natural disasters....(earthquakes in China and the Red Cross right there to help with US $$ and people.)

Politics of war

The way other nations of the world view us.

BTW Tom

The Lawman and I both see 20/20......no roses in the way.

Black and White Baby!!!!!

Full speed ahead.

The futures so bright I may need shades.

:clap:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys slay me. Black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, this world needs more hopeless optimists ! :D

Don't worry my Dutch friend....your meds are on the way.

You'll feel much better after you try the purple ones.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, like the American aerospace industry no longer dominates the skies, and China is planning to make the next lunar landing before us, and...

Great thoughts from thirty years ago, but who would make the same speech about us today?

If you are suggesting that the stuff that made America great is in short supply these days I would agree.

I think everyone is in agreement there, short supply from the top on down.

And I agree with ya that the future is bright... can't wait until November... :grin:

Paul_Burkett

I think I'll need to buy some larger shirts, my chest just swelled another size larger.

On the other hand, when I take off my rose colored glasses, I see all of the people running away from the USA, people from Mexico, India, China, you name the country, they all want to flee and go back to their own home countries. HAHAHAHAHA, sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Archived