IGNORED

A moment to remember..

George Brown

George Brown

all of the those who gave the ultimate for our great country. My prayers for all members who lost family members or friends in military conflicts.

Paul_Burkett

A day to remember and a day to celebrate what so many have done for America and the price that was paid for our freedoms.

Lineareagle

I often wonder what those young men and women would like us to do in rememberance of them and their sacrifice.

Would they have us stand solemly in quiet or would they want us to enjoy to the full the life they have preserved for us?

Can we honor them by feeling the wind in our hair, the surf at our feet, the flush of pride as we see our children playing?

I wonder sometimes how they would vote on the way to honor them.

I suppose each would have their own idea as do we all.

I think I'll go outside and look up at the sky that is not criss crossed by bombers, and the trees that are not rent by shells and just recognize it is not free of cost by someone somwhere.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I need to call my nearly-93 year old Grandpa, who lied about his age to join the army, then the air corps, while working at Wright Patterson for most of his career. I love you Grandpa!

BeniciaRT_GT

Having gotten to talk with a few of our finest: I would vote for enjoying the freedoms while keeping firmly in mind how we get to enjoy them:

155892114_2dvhf-L.jpg

And my #1 HERO, a three war veteran that taught me to enjoy life and appreciate all of it:

267343811_K8Wpp-L.jpg

barryNmarin

Amen and thanks to all Dads and Moms who have served our country over the years. My mom was one of the "Rosie the riviters" and my father lied about his age to join the navy at age 17.

I honor him by using his photo as my avatar. He was 17 and enroute to the pacific theater to fight the Japanese. His ship, USS Houston was sunk by Japanese torpedo planes and he was wounded but survived and continued to serve his country for many more years.

The ribs are marinating, corn is soaking, salad made, fire laid, beer is cooling.

To all our servicemen and women, past and present, this wouldn't take place without your service and extreme sacrifice for our country. Thank you doesn't seem enough.

n&g

P.S. In church yesterday our servicemen, firefighters, and policemen all were given a standing ovation. Just wanted you to know you were in our thoughts and prayers.

Archived