IGNORED

Music - Father of the Bride - Help - Stat

Paul_Burkett

Paul_Burkett

Well, with only five weeks to go until my daughter gets married, I have yet to find a fitting song for the father daughter dance. I have listened to a lot of music and only a couple have been "dance worthy", and now, with the clock ticking down closer to that glorious day, I am still looking for that just right song. So if you know of a song that is usable that is a slow dance, heart felt but not heart wrenching, song from a father to his daughter, please let me know your choice and if your song is selected, I will buy you a drink at the UN or BMW national or at the TOR rally.

Thank you for your help.

"I Loved Her First" by Heartland and "My Wish" by Rascal Flats. Both country but not overly so. I've had time to think about this although my daughter is not yet engaged. My choice would be the former.

Longer - Dan Fogelberg

Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion

Memories - Elvis Presley

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

There Goes My Life - Kenney Chesney

Through the Years - Kenney Rogers

I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack

Dance with My Father - Luther Vandross

In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

Unforgettable - Nat and Natalie Cole

Thanks Again - Ricky Skaggs

My Little Girl - Tim McGraw

Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

Good luck!!

Paul_Burkett

It looks like the winner is........."In My Daughter's Eyes" by the lovely Martina McBride. I like it, my wife cried when she heard it and of course the bride-to-be likes it too.

I liked the thought of having "Dazed and Confused", but got out-voted before I could even read all of the list to them.

So the drinks go to Lisa.

Thanks to all who got back to me and helped make this job a lot easier than I was making it for myself.

I've been traveling for work lately, so I just saw that you came to a decision. I'm glad you found a song that spoke to you.

Have fun at the wedding!

Just think, if this were happening twenty years in the future, you'd be looking for a rap song and the bride would be wearing a dress that showed off her "tramp stamp."

Sorry, I just got to thinking after seeing a reference to Lilly Thomlins joke about bean bag chairs being antiques one day.

Archived