IGNORED

Black Berry 8830 help needed.

Paul_Burkett

Paul_Burkett

I have a BB that worked yesterday morning, but when I tried to back it up on the computer I got error code 523. I rebooted the unit and it did the same thing. I called Sprint Tech Support and the person said that I need to go to BB and download the new Sprint file. He helped me back up the BB and then download the new files. When the BB went to start back up, the screen went black and the LED signaled 2 fast flashes and a pause over and over. Sprint said that the unit is bad and for $55.00 they will replace it, I went to their store and ordered a new BB, but I am wondering if there is a back door code into these units and can it be restored. All help is valued. Thank you.

bakerzdosen

Sorry... No help from me. The 8830 I've got right now has made me even more sure I want a 3g iPhone. This just adds fuel to the fire for me.

Consider yourself lucky on the Sprint front. It was a HUGE fight for me to get help from Sprint when wifey-poo's Moto Q started acting weird. It took months to get it fully sorted out.

Paul_Burkett

I'll give it a try going to crackberry, perhaps there is a solution. I will let you know how it goes.

Paul

I have Global Ed and just the other day had to replace it. The original phone would shut itself down for no particular reasons, red indicator would blink and then sometimes would come back on its own and some times I had to remove battery and revive it that way. Verizon replaced the phone at no charge - well I guess the $5 I pay every month for insurance covered that. I was able to restore all my settings and data from backup.

I've found that Blackberry Data team is pretty good ask Sprint for their number.

Now if I only could figure out how to make my Blackberry auto-answer.

Mark

Archived