IGNORED

Florida Fires

BFish

Fires

The county of Brevard, where a few of us live is getting hammered with fires. We've had no rain for approx 35 days coupled with brisk 30-35 mph sw winds. Some are up by Randys, but the worst is south county. Gov declared a state of emergency. a few homes lost so far...looks like a few more are in trouble. The entire state is having fire issues so sending in the reinforcements is problematic.

Francois_Dumas

Ouch, that's not good Brian. Hope it's goinf to rain soon and everybody gets spared.

I remember Brevard from last year's trip... that's where the two Sheriff cruisers were always parked in the center of the freeway !

Welcome to our world Brian. Make the wind speed 40-80 mph when the Santa Ana's kick up and you will really understand our world. I was just up riding in Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, and Crestline yesterday and the forests there are just decimated. The forest went from beautiful pines/oaks to thousands up bare "stickups" that look 150 years old. Very sad indeed. I hope your F.D. gets it under control soon.

Brian, I got right next to the fire up here yesterday, got off 95 and had to do a u turn to get back on. I was rather irritated that the cop hadnt parked up by the freeway, it would have made his life alot easier I would have thought. We had a small fire at the car wash friday, from a cig butt in the mulch.

Think thats what has always irritated me most about smokers, I dont care about the smoke, just keep your butts to yourself and throw them out at home. saw some asshat yesterday dump his ashtray in the road at a stop light. But I digress.

I imagine its going to get alot worse before the rain gets here, stay safe.

believe the count is 51 homes destroyed in south brevard. humidity level at 18%. gonna be another rough day down there.

Matts_12GS

If any of you guys need to get out of town down there due to the fires, I've got extra garage space and a spare bedroom.

it's 10mi south of where i live. while it's very wooded in my area we've only had one small fire last night on a couple of acres near a park. with the front coming thru last night the winds will push it south and west today. lots of open area...could burn for a long time out there.

If any of you guys need to get out of town down there due to the fires, I've got extra garage space and a spare bedroom.

Me too.

your offers are appreciated, but we s/b fine. we've offered to board a few displaced horses in our stable, but no takers yet.

For those of you who aren't in the area, we battle this fight almost every year. Last year was unusual. We truly have a fire season. It sucks, but you do what you got to do.

Be safe everyone. So far the fires haven't hit too close to home, but I did smell smoke yesterday. Maybe we will see some ash "snow" soon.

If we can help, call!

I saw and smelled the smoky haze when I woke up, and it continued all the way to work in downtown Miami. That's a long way from it's origin. Whatever happened to those April showers? T-storm season's almost here - hopefully it brings more moisture than lightning strikes - this place is a tinderbox.

winds scheduled to shift tomorrow, from the east then the south east. going to be smoky tomorrow.
Now you know what your neighbors feel like when your having a barbeque!

Sorry to hear about your conditions.

Even with all my years fighting fires I'm still in awe when I see the speed at which wildfires can travel.

Be safe and heed those warnings.

winds scheduled to shift tomorrow, from the east then the south east. going to be smoky tomorrow.

noticed the flare up last evening up your way. looked east of you,thankfully . at least 95 is open this am for a while anyway.

I hope the weather changes for the better soon.

Like out West, likely thats the only thing that will stop them.

Now you know what your neighbors feel like when your having a barbeque!

Yes, but the neighbors are quick to come help.....eat!!

Archived