IGNORED

Cup Final

Steve1962

Steve1962

Wish me luck .

Tonight [ at the ripe ole age of 45 ] I'm playing in a cup final for my soccer team . I've been playing amateur [ in my case , very amateur ] football since I left school , and still get a buzz each time I walk out onto the pitch .

Currently suffering PMT [ pre match tension ] , even after all these years playing the game .

Steve

Best of luck Steve,

you watch your knee, an old man like you takes a long time to heal :thumbsup:

Andy

Steve1962
Best of luck Steve,

you watch your knee, an old man like you takes a long time to heal :thumbsup:

Andy

Andy ,

Thanks - the knee is ok . It's gonna be a tough game [ the opposition have won the division only losing one game ] , I think the heat may play a big part too .

Steve

ashleybiker

Here is a wish for good Luck, no red cards, and a shot & a goal for you!

It's truly a fantastic sport. Post up some pictures if you have them.

Don't forget to have fun!!!!!(Killer tells me it's not supposed to be fun...it's war!!!)

Good Luck

Whip

Steve1962
Don't forget to have fun!!!!!(Killer tells me it's not supposed to be fun...it's war!!!)

Good Luck

Whip

Looking forward to it . I play in central defence [ unregistered assasin ]

I like to play against tough opposition , hard but fair [ most of the time ] .

Steve

Steve

Bob Palin

You can borrow my song

"There's only one Stevey 62..."

Maybe not, doesn't quite work, besides I'll need it at my soccer club dinner/dance on Friday night...

Remember, jump with the man, not the ball!

Steve1962
You can borrow my song

"There's only one Stevey 62..." :grin: :grin:

Remember, jump with the man, not the ball!

. ...knew I was doing something wrong :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the good luck wishes ........

Steve

Steve1962
We are the champions.......

Good luck mate !!!!

Cheers Francois , I'll kick an englishman for ya - who knows , it might even be an opposition player !!

Steve

Steve,

Forget all this football talk, when are you going to replace that RT and start getting out to take some more pictures. :thumbsup:

And no, we don't want any pictures of you in those short pants. :dopeslap:

Have fun!!!

Bob Palin

Funny enough a friend just sent me this - I didn't know you were a video star Steve!

Funny enough a friend just sent me this - I didn't know you were a video star Steve!

Wow!!!!

Now I know why Americans have so much trouble winnin the big ones.

That was cool.

Steve1962

Thanks for all the support guys ........

Match report .

This was a great game to play in , both teams acquitting themselves well in a keenly fought contest from start to finish .

1 - 1 after 90 minutes , with both defences dominating and fierce battles in mid field , without a moment to relax apart from when the ball was out of play .

And so to extra time , the first half of which [ 15 minutes ] neither team yielding .

In the last 15 minutes though , the opposition struck two goals , the first when the ball ricocheted to one of their players on the edge of the penalty area after a 50 - 50 challenge , and he hit the ball hard through a mellee of players , with the goalie being unsighted it went in . We did not give in though , and pushed forward to try and get the equaliser ..... alas , it was not to be , and they got a third with two minutes remaining when the centre back was just beaten to the ball and the advancing keeper was lobbed , so the final score was 3 - 1 .

Personally , even though we lost , I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it , although I had to play out of position at full back due to one of our players not being able to come and play . We can also take great credit as we have earned promotion , and have the third best defensive record in the whole league [ 5 divisions ] .

At the start of the second half I was involved in a 50 - 50 challenge with two of their players , and duly got clattered on both sides of my left ankle , which smarted somewhat . A short respite whilst I had some spray put on it [ WD 40 !! ] and I rose gingerly to my feet to play on .

I got my own back though , as the next challenge I was in that involved one of those two players , I " let him know I was there " , if you get my drift .

Currently the outside of my left ankle is swollen and colourful and throbbing like hell [ I've taken some painkillers ] - I guess the adrenalin kicked in as I played the rest of the game without struggling .

I'll be there for next season !!

Steve

Francois_Dumas

LOL !! 40 WD, yeah right !

I played volleybal in my time, thinking I'd be less prone to injuries caused by 'enemy players'. But I hurt my knee and back in doing so 38 years ago and still suffering at times. :grin:

Sorry for the loss and ankle, but sounds like you had fun nonetheless :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(I figure two flattened 'thumbs-up' guys count for one healthy one...... )

Congrats on a match well played.

...but, without Pix....it never happen.

:lurk:

Steve1962

Breaking news ...........

Just spent the afternoon at the hospital because the bruising got a lot worse ........... that bad tackle ....it fractured a bone at the base of my left leg , so no driving for me for two weeks , and the next 48 hours I have to keep the leg raised .........6 weeks at least for it to heal properly , and no sport in the meantime ...boo hoo !!

Steve

Steve,

I've told you before that sport is bad for your health.

Sorry to hear about your leg, heal well,

Andy

Steve1962
Steve,

I've told you before that sport is bad for your health.

Sorry to hear about your leg, heal well,

Andy

Thanks Andy ,

Currently my left ankle is doing a fine impersonation of a very swollen rainbow !!

Now I need to see what I can do about getting to work , as I haven't been signed off , they just said I had to be desk bound !!

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Next time you go play out there you put the cast on BEFORE you head out onto the field !!

Heal quickly.... bummer for the long weekend !

Francois ,

No cast for me , nor even a bandage . I also declined the offer of crutches !!

Sat at home with my leg up on the sofa , trying hard not to be the worlds worst patient - I HATE being house bound !!

Steve

Archived