IGNORED

Folk Music Fans needed!

Matts_12GS

Matts_12GS

I have two extra tickets to see John Prine in Atlanta on Saturday May 17 at the Cobb Energy Galleria. The tickets are in the center orchestra section, 12 or 13 rows off the stage and I think I have about $65 each in the tickets.

Anyone care to join Dianne and I for the show?

I think I have about $65 each in the tickets.

"...it don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while..."

Matts_12GS

won't you please tell the man, I didn't kill anyone? I was just trying to have me some fun...

Couldn't stop laughing the first time i heard "Let's talk Dirty in Hawaiian" ... :grin:

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Matts_12GS

yeah, that's a classic one for sure. I felt that way the first time I heard Jesus the Missing Years too.

I've gotten pretty enamored with his In Spite of Ourselves album partly because of all the different duets he does in there, but also because Iris DeMent's voice is so perfect for the tunes she does on there. It's a real trip in the time machine when they do "We're not the Jet set."

Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore

They're allready overcrowded from your dirty little war

Jesus don't like killing no matter what the reason for

Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore.

Wish I could be there and sing along.

Wooster

Matts_12GS

come on down, we've got two tickets... Delta has a couple nice flights from logan to ATL...

Matts_VSTROM

Thanks for the invitation; I pictured myself riding my rt down thru Hazelton, PA, then skyline and blueridge parkway and over to atlanta. Then my feet returned to the ground and stuck in MA.

Wooster

"When I was a child, my family would travel

down to western kentucky where my parents were born.

There's a backwards old town often remembered

so many times the memories are worn."

We like John Prine.... but the most I've paid for a concert, or ever will pay, is $19. Obviously I don't go to very many concerts.

Ok, well not entirely true... I've paid as much $30 a day for festival tickets... but thats like ten artists all day/night long. Some time we might go back to Telluride for the BG festival... but you guessed it... the price has gotten out of control. That little town is too big for it's britches.

Used to be, when we lived in Durango we could go to competition day for free. Get right up to the stage, and hang out. Camp pretty much anywhere. Those days are long, long, long gone. Now I doubt you could camp within 40 miles without reservations and some bucks. A room is at least $300.

But I digress, badly. Sorry, John Prine is Torrey weekend. It'd be way cool if you two could come out here though. Bring Danny too. I may not agree with his religion or politics, but he has to be the funniest (sense of humor, not oddball) thing on two legs.

Jan

Matts_12GS

Quite the backhanded compliment, I think.

I can guarantee Jan, that if you disagree w/Danny's philosphy, you and I could turn a dinner party into a cage match! :wave:

I hate to admit what I've paid to see some concerts, and I don't see many any more since they're so @$%@$@$@ pricey, but, I love Prine's music and he's not getting any younger. The throat cancer a few years ago is already impacting him, and I keep thinking "this is the last time..."

Kind of like the Stones!

Y'all have fun in Torrey, I'd like to be there, but I gotta get settled in this new job first.

hijack>

I can guarantee Jan, that if you disagree w/Danny's philosphy, you and I could turn a dinner party into a cage match!

We could, but we wouldn't. We'd be too busy laughing and having a good time.

Matts_12GS
I can guarantee Jan, that if you disagree w/Danny's philosphy, you and I could turn a dinner party into a cage match!

We could, but we wouldn't. We'd be too busy laughing and having a good time.

You know it. :thumbsup:

Matts_12GS

But I'm going to put these other two tickets on Craigslist. :eek:

Somebody save me! :lurk:

It'd be way cool if you two could come out here though. Bring Danny too. I may not agree with his religion or politics, but he has to be the funniest (sense of humor, not oddball) thing on two legs.

Now don't you start being nice. It wouldn't be as much fun throwin' darts at ya. :grin:

Archived