IGNORED

Hammond organ, anybody ever oil the tone generator

roydog007

roydog007

I picked up a L102 & a Leslie, the gears are howling a bit.

I think I need to get in there and oil them, with Hammond oil of course. Is this a major or minor project. Anything I should watch out for ?

hANNAbONE

i hAD a 1950's CV Hammond - full walnut case - up/down large key action...[ hard to do swells and runs 'cause it would beat up your hands too badly ] - the blinkin' thing weighed 800# and I still own the organ hauling eqpt. My back tells me that I loaded it many many many MANY times..! :(

Anyway - oiling is no big deal. There are at least 1-3 "cups" that you pour a specified amount of oil into. You remove the rear wooden upper "plate" - the cover that hides the wiring and electronics...and you'll find the cups there. I believe the instructions are on the actual tube of oil you'll get.

Don't overfill and when you load that hog - make sure it doesn't get cantted too far over or you'll have oil on places you won't want it. DAMHIK

roydog007

Thanks, I've helped loading B3 s into truck at many a gig. This L102 isn't bad on the weight, shorter keyboard but I'm still getting a great sound through the Leslie. I'll check it out today when I get home from work. Thanks again

Archived