IGNORED

Serious food question: Your death row meal

GelStra

Watching a food program and somebody mentioned, "If I was on death row and I got to choose my final meal, it would be......" (Pretty sure a southern accent was involved!)

Still trying to figure mine. Quite sure it would involve a humongous cut of Prime beef, maybe corn picked out of field I just left, , a glass of 1985 Chateau Montelena or Far Niente Cab, Bananas Foster, finished with a '63 Port or maybe Chateau d'Yquem. Meh, but who's guessing?

So I ask, what would be your ultimate, as if it would be the last food you ever ate, ya better make it good, meal?

ShovelStrokeEd

I'd use the Chateau d'Yquem at the beginning of the meal to drink with my Foi Gras.

A consume to follow.

A Dover sole with a nice crisp Chardonnay for the next.

Ris du Veaux and a Pinot Noir next.

A nice salad.

Creme Brulee and coffee

Port, Stilton and cigar to end.

Throughout, good bread, and lightly sparkling mineral water.

The whole idea is to cheat the system and let your last meal kill you before they can.

Bob Palin

You can bet that whatever your last meal is no booze would be allowed.

I'd choose Brain Haggis, it would take them so long to find any I'd die of old age first.

Rinkydink

Lot's of steak medium rare, a humongus baked potato with sour cream and real butter and a ton of Italian bread. Oh, and fava (sp) beans.

uH...tomato sandwiches with course wheat bread and miracle whip and salt...[/quote

what.....no onions and pepper to spice it up?

Chicken Fried Steak and a boat load of Idaho Potato's.

Wash it down with an A & W root beer.

I want em to hurt when they lift me up. :P

AdventurePoser

A double-double In 'n Out with no cheese, a large diet coke with lemon slices, and an order of fries. Heck, I'm goin' so make it TWO orders of fries...

Steve in So Cal

A glass of orange juice with 2.5 g of morphine sulfate. Good night - and save the potassium chloride for someone else.

I would partake in a wonderful meal. Appetizer would consist of buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes. Followed by a Cesar salad. Main course of steak, lobster and scallops. For desert, well, Cherry Vanilla ice cream. My drink of course would be a large bottle of Blanton's Bourbon, just over ice. And the final part of desert.....while you'll have to PM to find out :blush:!

I think I had it at Ruth's Chris last night.

Med rare Fillet Mignon Oscar with a half pound of Alaskan King Crab legs, & a baked 'tater with butter & sour cream, along with a nice Chianti.

Just thinking about it makes me want it again. drif.gif

Ah, Steve! In'n'out! Bravo!!

See, you guys with your poison cocktails are missing the point. Example: When I go all out on BBQ, I'm making it a meal for the memories! "What would be the perfect sauce, the perfect combination of sides, desserts, bevs,etc.?" I'm cooking as if the future of the world depended on getting it RIGHT!

Think about that perfect meal, then make it, get it! But the key is to get your dust bunny infested craniums cranking and then do something about it!

It got me thinking about a bike trip I never took: A BBQ tour of the Carolinas, Memphis, Texas, KC. How much fun would that be! With the....uh....physiques I've seen on some of you, I'm surprised I've never seen a trip completely focused around food.

EXCEPT for my wingmen Steve & Roy. Oh, yeah, Nando & the Julian runs. mfclap.gif

Live it like the Gubner's pulling the switch on you!

russell_bynum

Nothing fancy...a couple of sliced brisket sammiches from a place back home called Big John's, and an ice cold can of Big Red to wash it down.

Nothing fancy...a couple of sliced brisket sammiches from a place back home called Big John's, and an ice cold can of Big Red to wash it down.

Funny, BBQ's been on a few of my mental lists!

ShovelStrokeEd

Dang, an egg cream.

I'll bet it is 40 years since I had one and I can still remember the taste. I've tried for years to make a good one at home but unless you can get that thin, high pressure stream of seltzer in there, it just isn't the same.

Brings to mind the days of playing tennis from 0900 to 1300, going around the corner from the courts to eat 3 vanilla sundaes and then go back and play till dark. Too bad I no longer have the energy or the pancreas to do that.

Dang, an egg cream.

I'll bet it is 40 years since I had one and I can still remember the taste. I've tried for years to make a good one at home but unless you can get that thin, high pressure stream of seltzer in there, it just isn't the same.

YES!! I can get the Fox's U-Bet syrup, and the Cocao-Cola glass it was made in, but I just can't seem to replace the seltzer stream created by the reverse turn of the dispenser. That, and the Eastern European immigrant that served it up to me as a 6 year old kid in The Bronx. He was awesome, though he never realized it at the time. Always gave me a little more ice cream on the cone, too. A side benefit of being a smiling freckle faced kid with a flattop haircut. :)

roydog007

"Little Charlie & The Nightcats"

My Last Meal

Well, I heard the warden said.

I had one more day.

One last meal before they carried me away.

He said if we don't got it.

We'll go out an' get it.

Because you don't have to go.

Til we get back with it.

So I said, 'Hmmm'.

A-bring me two dinosaur eggs over easy.

Fried in the butter an' not too greasy.

Muskees and bean, black-eyed peas.

An' a little small dish of buttered bee-balm beans

I want-a zebra tooth, a tiger steak

An whole hippopotamus, well baked.

Now go, get my dinner, go.

Get my dinner.

You ain't got it, go out an get it.

'Cause I ain't goin', til ya get back with it.

Now bring me a cup of crocodile tears.

Purple watermellon an some alligator ears.

An bring me two cross-eyed cat fish.

An some wavy gravy in a left-hand dish.

Get my dinner.

(Instrumental & guitar solo)

Now bring me a order of rattlesnake hips.

The split of his tongue bring me both of his lips.

Now ya have my order so serve my dish.

With a female banana I just can't resist.

Get my dinner.

Go on, get it now.

Don't worry about me, cause I ain't goin' nowhere.

Hey! Don't forget the hot sauce! :whistle:

uH...tomato sandwiches with course wheat bread and miracle whip and salt...

Bone, dump the Miracle Whip and substitute Olive Oil. Try it once. You won't go back to the spread.

A bag fulla sliders with pickles and cheese, and a triple order of Awful House hash browns, scattered, smothered, covered, diced, peppered, capped and topped. And a smoothie. Gotta have a smoothie. Any flavor except raspberry.

Oh, a six pack of Bud Lite would be nice.

Matts_12GS

Make mine a diet coke then. If you're not drinking beer neither will I... :D

questrider

I don't have the entire menu figured out yet, but without a doubt fettuccine alfredo would be the side dish. And some french bread smothered in garlic and butter. Now that I think of it, chicken saltimbocca with honey ham, spinach. Add a side of steamed green beans, fresh from the garden, and, mmmmmm, delicious. Top it off with cheesecake for dessert and I'm ready to die. :Cool:

Thanks to this thread, I now know what I'm making for dinner this weekend. :grin:

I don't have the entire menu figured out yet, but without a doubt fettuccine alfredo would be the side dish. And some french bread smothered in garlic and butter. Now that I think of it, chicken saltimbocca with honey ham, spinach. Add a side of steamed green beans, fresh from the garden, and, mmmmmm, delicious. Top it off with cheesecake for dessert and I'm ready to die. :Cool:

Thanks to this thread, I now know what I'm making for dinner this weekend. :grin:

Bravo! mfclap.gif

Make mine a diet coke then. If you're not drinking beer neither will I... :D

If I'm on death row, I figure I've done something baaaad. I thought about asking for a six of Shawn's latest hefeweizen, but Bud Lite would be a proper final penance.

:sick:

4wheeldog

The warden's liver, with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Hey, if I have been bad enough to wind up on death row, might as well take it to its logical conclusion.

Archived