IGNORED

Chopped Up Web Pages

Ron_B

This doesn't happen very often, but some web pages I try to view seem to get "chopped up" - most commonly repeating lines many times - as I scroll through them, line by line, both pictures and text. Reversing the scroll, then forward scrolling again simply changes where the lines exhibit this behavior. What browser I use doesn't matter.

I never thought to ask this here, but since the upgrade, this site has been doing it too. Anyone know what causes this? A Mac thing perhaps?

That is the graphics driver playing up. On a PC if you switch from the "broken" application screen to another application and back again it will display correctly. On a OC I would say just sling in a decent graphics card. Dunno if that is an option on a Mac.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

Now that attachments have been re-enabled, I've taken a low-rez screen shot that better illustrates the problem. Again, this happens sometimes on other sites, but it's the first time it has happened here.

3681.jpg

3681.jpg.b413944827ba102df32d0da5527208f5.jpg

Two things (from a fellow Mac user):

I note you are using Firefox... Which build? Version 2.0.0.12 is stable for me. Get the latest if you don't have it... (I am actually using the Beta version of 3 at times... just for kicks.)

Second, try Safari, version 3.1 and see if you experience the same problem... I use both here and am not experiencing any problems. (running Leopard 10.5.2 on a Dual Core 2.66 Mac Pro).

Update your system preferences if you haven't through Software Update.

Chris

Archived