IGNORED

"Here Mr. Trout... Here Mr. Trout..."

Mike O

After years of fun with my old Daiwa fishing reel, I decided it needed a good cleaning, new grease in the bearings, and 200 yards of fresh new line. Boy, what a mistake that was! I never realized there were so many moving parts in a good fishing reel and that a few squirts of degreaser could so easily damage a perfectly good (albeit a bit worn out) fishing reel.

So...what's a fisherman to do what with a perfectly good fishing rod but no reel? That's easy! Take a trip to the nearby Bass Pro Shop and...voila.

288133100_h6mQg-M.jpg

And afixed to the rod...

288133085_acjQh-M.jpg

Now I just need some of these:

288133601_tN5Zv-L.jpg

and the trout will just jump out of the streams and lakes right onto the shore. Truthfully, my other motivation for fishing again this year was the time I got to spend with my granddaughter. Really... whether we caught a good rainbow trout is immaterial.

178266894_i5qzh-M.jpg

Any other fisherman/woman out there?

Mike O

thumbsup.gif

I've been trying to combine motorcycling and Flyfishing with only minor success. I can break down the rod, pack it in the sidecase, get to the next spot, unpack the rod, rig the rod, etc. What a pain!

What I'd like to do is rig the rod once per trip. Fish the area I want to, then stow the rod in a rod holder without breaking it down, ride to the next spot, take out the rod, and start fishing.

They have rod racks that fit on the back of a car so you don't have to unrig your rod at all for the entire season. Nothing like that for bikes, though. bncry.gif

thumbsup.gif

I've been trying to combine motorcycling and Flyfishing with only minor success. I can break down the rod, pack it in the sidecase, get to the next spot, unpack the rod, rig the rod, etc. What a pain!

What I'd like to do is rig the rod once per trip. Fish the area I want to, then stow the rod in a rod holder without breaking it down, ride to the next spot, take out the rod, and start fishing.

They have rod racks that fit on the back of a car so you don't have to unrig your rod at all for the entire season. Nothing like that for bikes, though. bncry.gif

I hear you...

It's the putting it together...taking it apart... putting it together part that's aggravating. In the picture above I couldn't use that rod (it's 6.5'). I have, however, looked at this Eagle Claw rod:

EARZLIII2.jpg

(Eagle Claw plant is here in Denver right along I-70 near the old Stapleton Airport).

Mike O

Archived