IGNORED

Do you talk to your motorcycle?

Rob_Mayes

Rob_Mayes

Do you ever find yourself talking to your motorcycle and what do you say?

IanCharley.jpg

Does it answer back?

Physically talking to it, as in lips moving? No. However, I had an emotional link to my old RT which, as nice a bike as my FJR is, I can't seem to connect with it in the same way. I would "think" about what we were doing together, the roads we were on, the challenging curves ahead, and what WE needed to do to make the most of the situation. And the bike responded in the same exceptionally wonderful way each time. It "knew" what I wanted and it delivered.

I don't know if that's "talking" to my bike. But we certainly communicated with each other.

Knifemaker

I patted mine on the tank last night and asked her if she was ready for the 2600 mile trip I leave out for in the morning........I don't know about her but I am going crazy right now wanting to leave NOW....

Yes. Usually it is compliments. Decorum and the User Agreement prevent me from reciting verbatim what I said Friday night when it wouldn't start and stranded me in my office parking lot. eek.gifsmirk.gif

Only an occasional "Hee ya!" as I dig my spurs into the aluminum sideplates and twist the throttle ... thumbsup.giftongue.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

4wheeldog

He!!, I don't even talk to my wife if I don't have to. But I do massage the bike gently from time to time. We have known each other a long time, so chit chat is not necessary.

No, but it talks to me, in a slightly monotone voice, sort of a cross between HAL and Heidi Klum....

"Your eyes say Yes, but your sphincter says No."

or...

"I'm sorry, Sean, but I'm afraid I can't do that."

or...

"I love the way you grind my pegs and center-stand. Do it again, please."

You know, stuff like that.

I sneak up behind mine sometimes and whisper " don't tell anyone" tongue.gif

Ah... so that explains the sticky pillion...

I talk to my bike a LOT. Odd, yes I know but when we're on a trip he/she (depends on the bike) makes for great company. I also sing a lot. This is possibly the most important advantage of a full face helmet. grin.gif

I call the RT my big pig out loud all the time, specially when I'm trying to get her off the center stand for the fifteenth time. She knows it's just an endearment.

Talk to my motorcycle ? No, but I've named the left cylinder sunfinder and the right stormbringer; so put me down as assigning human attributes to inanimate objects.

Wooster who received govt's economic stimulus today

ShovelStrokeEd
I sneak up behind mine sometimes and whisper " don't tell anyone" tongue.gif

Moving up from sheep are ya??? lmao.gif

Everyone west of the Pecos knows that sheep lie. grin.gif

Archived