IGNORED

After 8 years, I'm hanging up my firefighter helmet . . .

Firefight911

Firefight911

Yep. After just over 6 glorious years as a paid professional firefighter and about 2 as a volunteer firefighter, I figured it was time. I had a lengthy process of discussion with my family and also with my department and we all agreed it was time to turn in the firefighter helmet . . .

FOR AN ENGINEER'S HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

It's party time folks!!!!!! I just got the call that I have been promoted to the rank of Engineer.

Several of you have been intimately involved in the arduous process, the stress, the sleepless nights, the emotion, etc. To those, they know who they are, Thank You for the belief and support and I Am Sorry for the emotional swings.

I still have the ultimate goal of Fire Captain but this is a step toward that goal and only enhances my marketability in attaining it.

I'm leaving for the Utah Tech Daze early AM so those who are catching on the receiving end, don't look for me to enter the driveway, I'll be flying in from above!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Hey Phil-

Good thing ya got the GSA....by the time you finish waxing the big red truck every day, you gonna be too tuckered out to clean motorcycles... grin.gif

Congratulations my friend...just don't forget how to put the wet stuff on the red stuff... thumbsup.gif

and.....no more Midol for you! lmao.gif

ghaverkamp

Congratulations!

I have no idea what it means, and it's only clearer to me that I have no clue what the structure of a fire department is like. I didn't know they had trains, for instance...

Congratulations!

I have no idea what it means, and it's only clearer to me that I have no clue what the structure of a fire department is like. I didn't know they had trains, for instance...

Funny . . . I was thinkin' the same thing. I always wanted to be a train engineer, but I had to settle for big mouth lawyer instead. tongue.gif

Congratulations Phil!!! clap.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Congratulations!

In NYC they call 'em the Chauffeur. lmao.gif

Phil,

Congratulations. You deserve it, and keep up the good work. You're definately 'Cap' material.

It's the next step up from FF, but below the rank of Captain. The Captain directs the actions of the engine team he's assigned to. The Eng is the guy that drives the truck, and once at the scene of the fire, makes sure the engine is producing enough water pressure to get the wet stuff on to the red stuff. Many would say (not all) that all things considered, it's the best job in the Fire Service.

Any that know better, please feel free to correct me.

Bob

(ex-vol)

Paul_Burkett

WAY TO GO PHIL, Wow, that is great that they have that much confidence in you. It's a big step up and closer to your goal. I know you will do well. clap.gif

Congratulations, Phil. clap.gif

It'll take a little getting used to not grabbing that hose or axe and being on the entry team, but they can't do their job unless there is an engineer doing theirs.

You're on your way! We might be calling you Cap'n before you know it! thumbsup.gif

Congrats! "Driver" clap.gifclap.gif

The best job in the department...the least work! ...and the most time to sit around posting on this board! lmao.giflmao.gif

bakerzdosen

I was too lazy to read the rest of your post, but I know it's always difficult to change careers.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.

tongue.gif

Congrats.

Hasta Viernes.

Les is more

Congratulations Phil! Way to keep moving toward your goal. The rank of engineer has just gained itself one fine member!

Phil,

Cooooooool, cool.gif

ENGINEER huh..

I've always dreamed of being the one that gets to blow that whistle.. thumbsup.gif

SageRider

Fantastic!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Congratulations! thumbsup.gif

(Just try to keep down all those choo-choo noises you've been making around the house. Jamie already knows you're the Engine(er) that can... grin.gif) wave.gif

Matts_12GS
Whoa Phil..... ya get to drive the big red truck? That is so cooooooool

congratulations my friend

Now just remember to keep it out of Officer Ramirez's accident scenese and you'll do fine!! wave.giflmao.giflurker.gif

Okay.....now what does an engineer do??????

...does this mean you'll have even more time to post BS when your at work??????

...does this mean you'll have more or less time off???????

...does this mean you'll have even more taxes to pay that keeps you from ridin with us?????

These are the important questions......nothing else matters.

Whip

Maybe now you'll answer you're PM's.

When do you plan to move up from Rank Engineer to Full Engineer?

Congratulations Captain P-u-t-z. thumbsup.gif

wave.gif

questrider
Congratulations!

Wise guy. Although we already knew that.

Couchrocket

Don't be fooled all you "congratulators".... this is merely "code" in the fire service for EARLY RETIREMENT.

Polish the rig, pet the spotty dog...

Fire Engineer is short-hand for a truck driver who is also a portable-high-speed-plumber.

Break out the shop rags....

Congrats "anyway...." LOL... thumbsup.gif

Matts_12GS
Don't be fooled all you "congratulators".... this is merely "code" in the fire service for EARLY RETIREMENT.

Polish the rig, pet the spotty dog...

Fire Engineer is short-hand for a truck driver who is also a portable-high-speed-plumber.

Break out the shop rags....

Congrats "anyway...." LOL... thumbsup.gif

And who better to polish a truck than Phil...? He may never actually get that truc out of the garage again!

And, suddenly it makes sense that his dogs are named Hook and Ladder! dopeslap.gif

WOOOOOO! HOOOOOO! CONGRATULATIONS!

Uh...one little questioney? What are we going set on FIRE to celebrate? I hear that is a tradition when you get promoted! lmao.gif

Cheers! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Todd

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work, you've succeeded in getting paid to run people off the road! I guess your chief job now is to make sure the water cooler is full so the real workin stiffs have pleanty to drink! lmao.gif

In all seriousness, congrats sir on a job well done! thumbsup.gif

Congratulations!!!! Though I will have to admit that two sentences into your post I thought to myself, "Wait, is it April Fool's Day?" Then, as the second sentence was bouncing around my head, an inspiration to quit my own job came about me and I was about to rejoice....only to find that you have promoted rather than quit. How disappointing, jk.

Congratulations, again. As engineer, will you still get to do all those fun paramedic things like administer 5cc of Lidicaine and transport to Rampart or get to paddlectrify the crap out of a unsuspecting and/or unconscious person?

Congrats.

Wishing you continued success are you climb the ladder towards

The best job of all, Retirement. thumbsup.gif

How did you get that then? I'll tell you how ... by exploiting the masses that's how!

Congrats!

Firefight911

To everyone, I want to say Thank You!!! This family on the board is amazing.

I received my badge and official promotion yesterday afternoon in a wonderful ceremony at our department.

Here's some pics -

One of my fellow cohorts in crime doing his best Zoolander

291678492_a3QYB-M.jpg

My Fire Chief on teh left, Jamie, and the probie Engineer to be (ME)

291678774_JNwwy-M.jpg

Jamie pinning me

291678930_vFywj-M.jpg

Taking my oath of office alongside our new Battalion Chief. He promoted up from Captain and has been THE mentor of choice for me for several years. Great Captain and well deserving of his new role as BC.

291679446_e4k57-M.jpg

World famous Jamie photography at it again after the ceremony

291679846_wNbbN-M.jpg

Thanks again for all the congratulations and well wishes. I really can't think of any better people than all of you to share it with!

Firefight911
As engineer, will you still get to do all those fun paramedic things like administer 5cc of Lidicaine and transport to Rampart or get to paddlectrify the crap out of a unsuspecting and/or unconscious person?

Yes! That's me top right. :D

emerg-cast.jpg

Archived