IGNORED

Best seats at Yankee Stadium?

DavidEBSmith

DavidEBSmith

So since this is the last year for Yankee Stadium, I thought I'd go see a game there. Where should I sit?

I'm looking for that magic combination of sight lines, atmosphere and value. I'm sure the $325 field boxes are great, but that's getting into the Emporor's Club range, though I don't want to be up in the Uecker seats, either.

David,

I don't have the ticket stub handy, but we had pretty good view from around section 605. I believe we paid about $70 a ticket.

287346666_g3aSm-M.jpg

Yes, it was 'nose bleed' and the climb was a bit long, but I enjoyed the game and the novelty of being there (along with the history of the stadium). Make sure you get there early and walk around the place.

Oh, and God forbid it should be a home game against the Red Sox and the Yankees lose. It's borderline funny riding the subway back to Manhattan and listening to the Sox fans rubbing it into the Yankees faithful (AMHIK).

Enjoy... I'll do it again some time.

Mike O

I've only been to about 200 Yankee games - most before the remodel, when I actually lived in the Bronx. Most I ever paid then was $3.00 eek.gifeek.gif And that was to see The Mick play thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifThe $$ they're asking for this year is in the stratosphere. Almost anything in foul territory is a good view. If you get bleacher seats, they don't allow you to leave the bleacher area (no walking around behind home plate).

Upper deck seats are good views of the game and surrounding area. Good value.

Don't miss the Stadium tour. They're held during the daytime when the Yanks are playing at night. You get to visit the press box, clubhouse, dugout, monument park. Well worth the time and money spent.

I'll be there mid-June for the Padres series. I found seats for $33 each.

RichEdwards

I was born in the Bronx, not far from Yankee stadium. Saw many games there. My first hot dog with coke cost less than $1. The last time I went (two years ago), two chicken sandwiches and two cokes cost $28. Still, it's a great place and I'm sad to see it go. bncry.gif

Archived