IGNORED

Of intrest only to hams.,

Bud

Good news, but this is not only such incident and the FCC's recent spate of seemingly unilateral decision-making is kind of disturbing, particularly in the ignoring of public comment and data that the FCC itself requested, as if that part of the process was just an annoying requirement that it has to endure on its way to a pre-established decision. In that way they have joined several other government agencies whose function has been subverted to support political interests.

In the end I'm afraid that the decision won't matter much. The FCC already knows what it is going to do and all the contrary data/opinion in the world won't change that.

Good news, but this is not only such incident and the FCC's recent spate of seemingly unilateral decision-making is kind of disturbing, particularly in the ignoring of public comment and data that the FCC itself requested, as if that part of the process was just an annoying requirement that it has to endure on its way to a pre-established decision. In that way they have joined several other government agencies whose function has been subverted to support political interests.

In the end I'm afraid that the decision won't matter much. The FCC already knows what it is going to do and all the contrary data/opinion in the world won't change that.

And I have to sadly agree.

Archived