IGNORED

Electronic wizards... advice needed (again)

ESokoloff

As some may remember, I'm trying to embed two remote controllers for different garage door openers on my KS.

Here is how it should work.

"Sequence of operation:

Depress turn signal cancelation button (tscb).

This energizes the TLC555 timer for 5 sec.

TLC555 timer's output powers two devices.

(1) SSR

(2) 3v power supply

I intend to tap into both positive leads going to each turn signal

Right signal will directly power a 12v remote via the tscb SSR (activation switch jumped).

Left signal will power another SSR that will act as the activation switch on the 3v remote.

I found that the 3v remote would not activate by merely powering it up (activation switch jumped).

Rather it needs power to it before closing activation switch."

Things have been slowly progressing but I've run into a snag & hope someone can help me out.

I built a 555 timer that is activated via the turn signal cancelation switch leg (ground).

The 555 output powers this 3 volt power supply for the left remote (3v) as well as energizing a Solid Sate Relay (for the right remote).

My latest snag is that the 373LM remote will not work on my 3v power supply unless it's battery is left in.

I have tested every way I know how & I can not make it work unless it's battery is installed (regardless if the power supply is connected or not).

Is the 3 volts (2.7 or so) from the power supply need some sort of component(s) to make the 373LM remote happy?

My work around will be to add another SSR to be powered via the 555 timer & run the 373LM switch thru both left side SSR's.

TIA

Man..... that all sure sounds awfully complicated! Why not just solder a wire to the contacts of the remote and run the wire to an on/off switch (leave the batteries in place) and hang them in a couple of 3/4" holes in the tupperware under the seat (where you can still get your fingers on them, of course). I'm only running 1 remote...but a second one would be a piece of cake. I got my switches from RatShack. I stole the idea from Fernando at Gunnison a few years back. If you want a couple of pics I can sure get them up to you.

If you run the wires long enough, you can just tape the remotes in a place easy enough to get to when the batteries need changing (think I've done mine twice in 6 years).

Pat

Archived