IGNORED

---> Hugh is a Virgin <---- (but that will change tonite!)

Mike O

We finally gave up on that old worn out piece of...metal we used to call 'a barbecue grill'.

I researched, twisted metal at all the local hardware stores, lifted grates, examined BTU output and heat control and laughed at some of the imported thin metal boxes disguised as 'grills'. We've had a Weber kettle grill that has worked flawlessly so... I settled on this Weber.

Meet Hugh, our new grilling partner:

284854804_YMfid-M.jpg

I hope to get many years of grilling satisfaction from this beast. And yes, this is VIRGIN grilling territory.

284854790_azgUk-L.jpg

So, tonight, he'll be losing his... Oh never mind. He'll be inaugurated. Pass along your grilling recipes. It's that time of year again.

Mike O

Firefight911

Hmmmm, let's see . . .

I could leave from the N. Utah Tech Daze to your place - easy 500 miles - have dinner, then leave the next morning for home - around 1200 miles.

See ya Sunday night!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Nice! I've had real good grilling results from my Genesis. Uh, it has no name. Now, for BBQ, you'll need a different piece of equipment!

In line with Hugh's deflowering, you need to learn to do a good rub! grin.gif That's the secret! secret.gif

Hmmmm, let's see . . .

I could leave from the N. Utah Tech Daze to your place - easy 500 miles - have dinner, then leave the next morning for home - around 1200 miles.

See ya Sunday night!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Sunday night??????????????????

We're in!!!!!!!

Can I bring the whole family????????

grin.gif

I'd like a ribeye, marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, red wine vinegar and olive oil, and then cooked medium, with a side of steamed new red potatoes and asparagus. I'll be arriving about the same time as Phil, since we'll both be in SLC. smirk.gif

Seriously, congrats on the nice new deck farkle. My in-laws have that model and really like it.

One must be very very gentle with a Virgin grill. No:

- unnecessary rubbing,

- prodding in areas that shouldn't be prodded,

- cohersion with massive quantities of cold alcoholic refreshments, or

- spicing things up to heavily.

That would certainly damage Hugh for life. And to be perfectly frank.... I just don't trust you with an inexperienced, young, and vulnerable grill. Having watched some of you operate, I'm certain there will be... I'm not even gonna go there.

But I promise to introduce you all to Hugh in the near future. (now bring those recipes on)

Mike O

Paul_Burkett

Mike, that just doesn't sound right. He(Hugh)is going to loose his virginity, and you are going to it to him. Please, at least say that your wife will be there helping. (shuddering emoticon here)

Keep the lid closed, turn on the gas, and walk away. Have a friend push the igniter after 5 or more minutes has passed. If you are in the bathroom, standing up peeing when the explosion occurs, it adds to the drama. dont ask me how I know.

QUOTE:

"I hope to get many years of grilling satisfaction from this beast."

And you will! I have a small Weber gas and it is almost 10 years old, gets a fair amount of use and the burners are still the originals!

Mike, that just doesn't sound right. ...
Get your mind out of the gutter, Paul. ooo.gif I'm not that kind of griller! thumbsup.gif

Mike O

Any pix of the grillin??????????????????

cigarettePA270406_175x125.jpg

Mike O

sleep.gif

When we start seein' pics of like this, you'll have MY attention!

IMG_3227.jpg

StLouisribs1hour2.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

BTW, whaddare you still playin' around on the 'puter for?? Get the fire going! grin.gif I don't have the bike as an excuse anymore. I've already got beans working for tomorrow's feast! clap.gif

Archived