IGNORED

Trojan, or what?

Pilgrim

I received an email this morning purporting to be from Delphi Forums. It's titled Delphi Forums Member Newsletter for Pilgrim136.

Now, maybe sometime in the distant past I dropped into a Delphi Forum and had to sign in and so created an account. Apparently, Delphi is a legitimate board host, but I sure don't remember it and I can say certainly that I've never been Pilgrim136 anywhere.

I didn't open it, but I did put the cursor on the sender's name and opened VIEW SOURCE (I hope that's not the functional equivalent of opening the email.)

I didn't try to read all the html but I found found nothing with a cursory reading that was obviously a message to anyone. If there was some sort of malicious execution code in there I'd not have noticed it.

However, two things were clear on even a cursory view: all of the Labels (that is, self-defined message categories) from my gmail inbox were there, as was my entire gmail address list.

Anybody out there recognize what's going on?

Pilgrim

Gmail stores lots of information about your setup on the client side (your browser) while it is up so the stuff you are seeing is probably not actually in the specific email (you can see this by selecting View, Page Source for any gmail page.

No idea whether it is a trojan though.

Will do, Jerry. Thanks.

Do you have something beyond the ordinary virus stuff? I run Avast continuously, but I always worry about new stuff getting past any of the AV programs.

Kent

delphi is a legitimate forum host, the MTF (motorcycle touring forum) is hosted there, for one of many. About every three months they do send out a member newsletter, so it is probably that you were interested enough in something there to sign up.

Archived