IGNORED

Atlas Shrugged....Movie?????

Whip

JerryMather
No way it can live up to a 1100 page book, but I'm still lookin forward to seein it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/

Whip

That's probably why it never got a green light back in the 60's when the book was so popular. I'm sure it'll be closer to a Readers Digest version than a 4 hour epic that it would take to cover the entire book.

Lets_Play_Two
Brad Pitt delivering that 150-page John Galt monologue? That's a four hour movie right there.

Who is John Galt?

Ever seen a performance of the Reduced Shakespeare Company? Galt's speech will be 10 minutes tops and they'll put it at the beginning of the movie.

Ever seen a performance of the Reduced Shakespeare Company? Galt's speech will be 10 minutes tops and they'll put it at the beginning of the movie.

That would be depressing.....

bakerzdosen

Yes, but how can a movie with Brangelina in it go wrong????

Haven't attempted to watch Mr. & Mrs. Smith[/i]]Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

It was followed by a smiley face in it's original form. Some day I'll explain to you how that works...

Oh, and by the way, I've been known to be sarcastic.

I read that book when I was a Freshman in HS.....sure opened my eyes..........maybe to my detriment.....but it was and still is, the best book I've ever read. I gave the book to my daughter just a few years ago.......can't imagine how they'll ever do a movie on it!

Pat

Couchrocket

Brad Pitt as John Galt?

Puff-lip Jolie as Dagny?

PLEASE tell me it isn't so -- for ten thousand reasons -- please. Poor old Ayn will be spinning in her grave.

I got into huge trouble when I was an Army puke learning crypto in "the cage" by sending out "Who is John Galt" over the simulated world wide crypto network. Seems my superiors were both enormously ignorant, as well as humorless.

And, bottom line, there is no way to make a movie of AS. No more than there was "Fountainhead," as amply demonstrated by the monstrosity that hit the screen with Gary Cooper as Roark.

Archived