IGNORED

What do CPA's do after April 15?

Dave McReynolds

Dave McReynolds

In a counterpoint to Ansel Adams's famous image of the moon rising over Half Dome, we have Nancy's image of Dave napping under Half Dome, after hiking the 100+ switchbacks from the valley floor to the rim near Snow Creek.

DaveunderHalfdome.jpg

this cpa and the mrs went and visited our daughter at college. here are a couple of pics.

2428948185_7d6ebfeb47.jpg

2428946687_ae337d2113.jpg

nice colors!

her dorm next year and her room is the left window in the tower

2428918071_71a384823b.jpg

I know what my CPA is going to be doing after April 15th: my taxes. But I figured I wouldn't burden him with that thought for another few weeks.

this cpa and the mrs went and visited our daughter at college. here are a couple of pics.

2428948185_7d6ebfeb47.jpg

Glad you CPAs are getting a chance to cool your heels!

Brian, That's one stunning group of wisterias. Beautiful! thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas

Have I picked the wrong profession? Do CPA's (I assume accountants?) only work from Jan to April 15 each year ??? dopeslap.gif

Since you and Brian joined at the same time and your post count is double his...it would appear that your in the right profession.

Dave McReynolds

We who are in the tax profession work a lot of hours in the Feb - April 15 period. More than half of my clients go on extension, so I also have another busy period from about the middle of August to October 15, when the extensions expire.

I can plan fun things to do in the spring and summer. My least busy time is between October 15 - December 15. In the last half of December, there is year-end planning to do for clients, and after that there are update classes and prepping for the busy season in January. Since these peaks and valleys have been predictible for years and years, my life and I think even my physical energy levels seem to be built around them.

It will be interesting to see what happens to my metabolism around April 15 after I retire - if there is any carryover effect.

Dave pretty much explained my life as well. The part that takes a toll on you is that during the filing season my hours are 7am to 1am during the final month with no days off between Feb 15 and April 15; all under extreme mental pressure. The stress is major but like Dave I expect it; still don't like it though.

ditto, but i've created somewhat of a monster here. we stay pretty busy all year. the consistent long hours and stress ease up some. the stress rears it's head throughout the year, but that's the nature of the beast. we all work crazy hours. this is my 30th year doing this. the end is in sight.

Archived