IGNORED

Let me see your old cars.........

glockster

Here's my current ones:

102_1971.jpg

100_0182.jpg

This ones my baby. 107,000 original miles, original paint and interior. 283 with a powerglide. I bought it from the original owner when she turned 92 (1997) and decided she shouldn't be driving any more. It's been in storage since.

100_0191.jpg

Here's some from the past:

1972GMC.jpg

1956Nomad.jpg

1955.jpg

Lastly in a moment of weakness I left the Chevy/GMC stable and built a Ford:

1956F150.jpg

I probaly miss the Nomad the most. Let's see em.

Jerry, that Nash looks like it has a lot of potential in todays Hot Rod market.

And the 55 Buick puts the 55 chevy's to shame. Man that was a sweet riding car. Didn't give up much to the cadillac's of that year.

I've been workin on one of these for 7 years.......maybe this will be the year I take it for a ride.

72-Chevelle-SS.jpg

Dude, you been hidin this or what? I gotta have specifics man.

Big/small block, auto/4 speed......... It's a beauty.

1972 Chevelle....Malibu Classic....bought on ebay.

1998 Z28 wrecked...rear ended.

I took the LT1 and tranny(auto w/overdrive) outa the Z and put em in the Chevelle.

I took the Chevy down to the frame.....new fenders.....sand blasted the frame.....rechromed everything.

Workin on the wiring harness as we speak......

4 wheel disc brakes

new sway bars.....

new steering column.....

complete restore on original interior.

I can't remember the all the BS I spent $$ on.

I have not done much of the work myself........when it's over I should have about $20K invested and it'll be worth about $7K........that's a good investment for me.

grin.gif

The car pictured is not my car.

Whip

BTW....Gleno was one of my advisers on the Chevelle.

I have not done much of the work myself........when it's over I should have about $20K invested and it'll be worth about $7K........that's a good investment for me.

grin.gif

The car pictured is not my car.

Whip

BTW....Gleno was one of my advisers on the Chevelle.

In Jamies flashback post to the first Torrey, I saw a picture of Gleno and others next to a 56' chevy. I only met him once and had no idea he was a car guy or I would have had even more in common with him.

I know what you mean about the 20K worth 7K. The paint job on the Orange El Camino in my original post spiraled out of control to the tune of $12,000.

Can you at least see the ghost flames? dopeslap.gif

102_1976.jpg

102_1977.jpg

By the way there's 22K in the El Camino.

I have nothing but old cars. My newest one is 37 years old.

BUT none of them are done cars. SO I choose to show you this photo for contrast.

That is "Bugly" in the background my 59 ragtop bug and one of my favorites.

He is fully waxed shut to preserve that awesome finish! thumbsup.gif I'm serious.

The one in the foreground is a 1956 deluxe micro bus. You may remember these as hippy cars... well those days are long gone. This one can be purchased for 90 to 100 thousand dollars. Yes, I am serious again.

257_5725.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

May past babies..... I don't currently have any project cars. Maybe after the kids get through college.

48643441_K7bFm-L.jpg

48643439_J7xfL-L.jpg

48638582_TupPy-L.jpg

Shawn

Do trucks count? When I was in high school some 20+ years ago, I actually picked up a few dates in this beauty:

IMG_1257.jpg

Thirteen or so years from now, Finn will have the chance to do the same (um, if he can get it running and convince the mice to vacate the premises).

summer07.jpg

Owned this since the 70's, was my work truck when I used to build houses.Two cross country trips to Fla and Ohio and back!

Shag carpet long gone, good thing that they can't talk of things that went on in there eek.gif

Right now in the middle of major upgrades- power steering, disc brakes and a new wiring harness thumbsup.gif

Primer is the fastest color wave.gif

Do trucks count? When I was in high school some 20+ years ago, I actually picked up a few dates in this beauty:

IMG_1257.jpg

Did you dump them also?

IMG_1257.jpg

Thirteen or so years from now, Finn will have the chance to do the same (um, if he can get it running and convince the mice to vacate the premises).

Of course trucks count. As a matter of fact, let's include Jeeps, as long as they have round headlights. tongue.gif

Here's my 97 TJ.:

100_1249.jpg

Let's keep em' coming, I know there's more.......

russell_bynum

As a matter of fact, let's include Jeeps, as long as they have round headlights

grin.gif

My '98 TJ is the only vehicle I miss. I will own another Jeep someday (and it will have round headlights).

jeep7.jpg

Right now....I have an exceedingly unglamorous old car.

It's an '85 BMW 325e. ~320K miles. Rode hard and put away wet.

So far the only work I've done on it has been focused on keeping it running and keeping important bits like the engine from falling out as I drive down the road. Replaced the engine, timing belt, wheel bearings brakes, motor mounts, transmission mounts, radiator, etc.

It did just get a set of cherry BMW Sport leather seats

And today I got a package from Turner Motorsports containing new H&R sport springs, Bilstein Shocks and struts, and mounting bits. I've also got new subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, upper strut bearings, rear shock mounts, control arms, control arm bushings, tie rods, and a few other odds and ends in the garage ready to go on. Once the Suspension Techniques swaybars (currently backordered) show up, I'll start the install.

Oh...and there is a set of 17" alloys in a corner of the garage ready for some sticky rubber to replace the 14" bottlecaps and an LSD to replace the open diff.

It'll still be ugly and slower than molasses in January, but it should stick to the road and handle like it's on rails. And it'll still get 30mpg on my commute. grin.gif

Image033.jpg

The plush interior (before the new seats)

Image043.jpg

Motor vehicles are for driving, not polishing. grin.gif

(Or as a friend of mine says every time he damages a 'toy': "I didn't buy it to park it in the driveway!")

I'm not sure that 97-98 Jeeps count as old. On the other hand, ten years IS an awfully long time for a Jeep to last, no matter WHAT shape the headlights may be... lmao.gif

Here's my 1965 Mercedes 4-door convertible, not in the driveway. (With round headlights...)

MogUp.jpgMogDown.jpg

russell_bynum
Wow, Russell. Now we can add turd polishing to your already impressive list of skills and accomplishments...

No kidding.

The best part about driving it is the horrified looks I get from the yuppies at the local BMW dealerships when I come park next to their new M5's and 7's. It was really great when the parking brake cable broke and I drove for 2 months with an old rusty wheel chock in the trunk. Park the car, get out, it starts rolling, open the trunk, toss the rusty chock under the wheel, car lurches to a stop against the chock, close the trunk, give the horrified yuppie who's busy throwing his body between my rear bumper and the door of his M5 a nod and a "Sup?", walk away like there's nothing to it.

grin.gif

One of these days I'll take it to a place that valet parks and do the Axel Foley routine "Hey, put it in a good spot because all this sh*t happened last time I parked here."

grin.gif

As a matter of fact, let's include Jeeps, as long as they have round headlights

grin.gif

My '98 TJ is the only vehicle I miss. I will own another Jeep someday (and it will have round headlights).

jeep7.jpg

Right now....I have an exceedingly unglamorous old car.

It's an '85 BMW 325e. ~320K miles. Rode hard and put away wet.

So far the only work I've done on it has been focused on keeping it running and keeping important bits like the engine from falling out as I drive down the road. Replaced the engine, timing belt, wheel bearings brakes, motor mounts, transmission mounts, radiator, etc.

It did just get a set of cherry BMW Sport leather seats

And today I got a package from Turner Motorsports containing new H&R sport springs, Bilstein Shocks and struts, and mounting bits. I've also got new subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, upper strut bearings, rear shock mounts, control arms, control arm bushings, tie rods, and a few other odds and ends in the garage ready to go on. Once the Suspension Techniques swaybars (currently backordered) show up, I'll start the install.

Oh...and there is a set of 17" alloys in a corner of the garage ready for some sticky rubber to replace the 14" bottlecaps and an LSD to replace the open diff.

It'll still be ugly and slower than molasses in January, but it should stick to the road and handle like it's on rails. And it'll still get 30mpg on my commute. grin.gif

Image033.jpg

The plush interior (before the new seats)

Image043.jpg

Russ, if my 97 had a hardtop and full doors I wouldn't be considering selling it right now.

russell_bynum

Russ, if my 97 had a hardtop and full doors I wouldn't be considering selling it right now.

So buy a hard top and doors. C'mon man...why do I gotta think of everything?

Here are mine.

I owned this 55 twice. Restored and sold to ex-father-in -law and bought back 2 years later. drove for 3 more years and sold it.

55-chevy.jpg

This was my driver until my dad passed away and I sold this one to take my dads S10 below. The K Model is a 1992. The S10 is a 1991 and just as my dad bought it with about 50,000 miles on it.

ATL-000159.jpg

ATL-001986.jpg

Mike

OK.... you all have some pretty nice trucks!

Here is what I inherited when I purchased the house I live in now... can't understand why the previous owner left it for me!!

IMG_0264.jpg[/img]

It runs every winter and faithfully plows my driveway!!

IMG_0266.jpg[/img]

My kids love it because its kind of like a Fred Flinstone truck... there's no floor on the passenger side!!

So now you all know what a "real" classic is all about lmao.gif

I was picking up some hay for a friend, and this old guy pulled in to the feedlot driving an old (60's, early 70's era?) Ford truck.

I asked him about it and he said he hated the damn thing. His wife wouldn't let him buy a new one until this one died, and he'd been doing everything he could think of to kill it.

"Been beating the 'tar' out of it for five, mebbe seven years, and 'ain't changed the oil or plugs in ten! The damn thing just don't know when it's time to die!"

Here is my 1963 Pontiac that was purchased new by my father:

150_5077.jpg

150_5081.jpg

My SVT F-150 Lightning:

IMG_3414-1.jpg

With my dirt bike:

IMG_6931.jpg

And my old Arlen Ness built FXST H-D:

185_8591.jpg

177_7798.jpg

finallyabeemer

Well shoot, if you can include Jeeps, I can post up my Jeep Recovery Vehicle! '87 Pathfinder coming up on 300K miles and STILL dragging stuck Heeps out...

Actually, I ended up selling this one to my nephew when he started college and couldn't put up with the repair costs and down time of his Heep... I now drive an '88 version with quite a bit more off road modifications. And just finished resurrecting a '95 for my other nephew.

1033285-pathyhighrock.thumb.JPG.a86ff90472ab1ac65d90b98f4da3b88b.JPG

This was supposed to be MY first car, but my Dad sold it before I turned 16. This is my big brother, posing in the car, circa 1974 or 75.

287764164_h8vuH-L.jpg

This was supposed to be MY first car, but my Dad sold it before I turned 16. This is my big brother, posing in the car, circa 1974 or 75.

287764164_h8vuH-L.jpg

Man , if you had that Cyclops today , not to mention the vintage rebel flag Grant helmet in the back!

Mike

So many cool vehicles! The old Chevelles remind me of my hot-rod neighbor who taught me as a kid how to wrench ...

But I must say my heart skipped a beat when I saw MAT2CHI ... Here is my 1963 Pontiac that was purchased new by my father

That generation Pontiac is just about my favorite! Give me a 1965 Gran Prix with the 8-lug wheels and *that's* my collection!

Sorry I can't add to the party here- the only two cars I ever owned were a 1972 Honda 600 (the little 2-cyl car) and a 1979 Honda Civic. I haven't owned a car since 1986!

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

1987 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera.......48K all original

p2-vi.jpg

What a beautiful car. You have good taste!

I used to have an '89 -- the last year of the 3.2L engine. It had about 57K miles when I was forced to sell it in October 2000.

133545387_uVAbJ-M.jpg

Archived