IGNORED

Danika wins one, finally.

ShovelStrokeEd

ShovelStrokeEd

Danika Patrick has finally won an Indy car race. Japan 300.

Read it yesterday, actually, but had 600 miles to do today and wanted to get on the road.

I have been a fan of hers for a long time and really like her as a driver. She protects her car, finishes well and, in this case, her team managed her fuel calculations better than anybody else. It wasn't just that, of course, she had to be in position and near the leaders to get it done.

Well done, Danika. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

"She protects her car"

Man, you aren't kidding!! Look how peotective she is of her car!!

danica-patrick-copertina4p.jpg

"she had to be in position"

Uh, yeah. drool.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Danika Patrick has finally won an Indy car race. Japan 300.

Read it yesterday, actually, but had 600 miles to do today and wanted to get on the road.

I have been a fan of hers for a long time and really like her as a driver. She protects her car, finishes well and, in this case, her team managed her fuel calculations better than anybody else. It wasn't just that, of course, she had to be in position and near the leaders to get it done.

Well done, Danika. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Remind's me of Knopfler's song "Speedway at Nazareth." The song is actually about NASCAR, but nonetheless nicely expresses the feelings she must have gone through, fighting so hard for so long and then finally nailing one.

Congratulations, Danika! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

Yeah, I was excited to see this as well, she has been trying hard and finally some results. Hope she continues her visiting the winner's circle!

One note here: the spelling of her name is Danica with a "C", just like my two year old girl's.... Go Danica! She was all smiles today!

ShovelStrokeEd

I realized my spelling goof after reading an article about her win. Too late to change it. Besides, I dated one who spelled it with a K some years back and it just sticks with me.

However you spell it, great drive. I liked her comment in the ESPN interview when she said, "I was pretty fast anyway, even under fuel conservation and when I saw Elio (sp?) in front I said to myself there's the guy I have to pass." grin.gif

Great to see her get the first win. thumbsup.gif

Great to see her win, lose, walk a dog or go to the grocery store. smile.gif

danica_patrick_1-1.jpg

She is one sweet go fast girl! thumbsup.gif

Pat

DavidEBSmith

Just out of curiosity, if there are any IndyCar fans out there (c'mon, I know somebody watches it), the commentators were making a big deal out of her taking 50 races to win her first one. How many races did it take the men to win their first race? I would guess that there might be some men who've been racing as long as she has and haven't won anything.

If nobody knows the answer for IndyCar, I would accept the answer for NASCAR. wink.gif

How many races did it take the men to win their first race? I would guess that there might be some men who've been racing as long as she has and haven't won anything.

I would guess you're right. I think that she was under more pressure than most of the men in the sport to win early in her career. I was listening to a racing "expert" on the radio this morning who noted that she had already garnered a more high profile endorsements/team affiliations that a man in a similar position might have. He said that those benefits would have dried up soon, had she not won a race.

finallyabeemer
Just out of curiosity, if there are any IndyCar fans out there (c'mon, I know somebody watches it), the commentators were making a big deal out of her taking 50 races to win her first one. How many races did it take the men to win their first race? I would guess that there might be some men who've been racing as long as she has and haven't won anything.

If nobody knows the answer for IndyCar, I would accept the answer for NASCAR. wink.gif

Well, that is a valid, if unfortunate point. There are some men who took longer, but they came with their own (or family) money to pay the way. For sponsored racers, they very, very rarely get 50 tries.

But I too, am glad Danica got the extended opportunity. She is a gifted driver, and I prefer the "drive within your limits" approach over the win at all costs or crash trying.

Archived