IGNORED

What?? No K Riders on this Forum?

SKYGZR

Seems there aren't many of you whom are riding the 4 Cyl. That's kind of a shame...I realize that the "new" Gs is s'possed to be a fine machine, yet what about you others that may hold the "original" as the ORIGINAL?? I'd like to know how many here are still riding one of the ORIGINAL Bricks...

Apparently you're new here.

There are many who ride K's.

Some ride, or have ridden Boxers too.

There is less posting on this forum by K riders because we're too busy riding and not having issues w/the bikes.

However, we find time to once in a while post in the other areas of the board. smirk.gif

Sometimes this forum will go a week or two w/out new posts because there isn't an issue to deal with.

As to the "original" BMW, that certainly isn't a K configuration.

Fill in your profile and tell some more about yourself before trolling in this pond.

There are quite a few of us with the Flying Bricks here. There are also a bunch of people with the newer K bikes. The tech forum just isn't where you'll find us most of the time. For mechanical help I'll mostly go to one of the other boards, but I hang out here for the people.

.... I'd like to know how many here are still riding one of the ORIGINAL Bricks...

We have one of each (Old/New School K).

Oh, & Welcome wave.gif

Apparently you're new here.

There are many who ride K's.

Some ride, or have ridden Boxers too.

There is less posting on this forum by K riders because we're too busy riding and not having issues w/the bikes.

However, we find time to once in a while post in the other areas of the board. smirk.gif

Tim sums it up nicely! Now on my second K1200RS and with miles of smiles! thumbsup.gif

Hey Dr. Bob. wave.gif

Are you coming to the Blue Ridge Rendezvous?

I have a professional meeting next weekend. However, I just found out that my only "must" commitment at the meeting is on Thursday. I really wanted to make this 1st BRR so if the weather is decent I plan on heading down early Friday morning from DC. No reservations but the bike is ready! thumbsup.gif

We're here also......K bike, R bike and other bike. Hubby is less chatty then me and since he's the one with the K bike we don't spend much time in the K bike area. Besides, as he says.....no issues, nothing to complain about. Just ridin' and enjoyin'.

Bill Murray

Here is another K-bike rider, who mostly lurks on this forum.  Need K-bike advice?  Post away -- there are many of us here and we'll try to help. thumbsup.gif

I'm new to my K75RT and it is performing well. I am very pleased with it, especially considering the value for the dollar. I might even keep it.

• 1 month later...

I have a K12S, my second one. A deer ate my first one. Apparently deer like the new K12S a lot!

Cheers!

Todd

DaveTheAffable
I have a K12S, my second one. A deer ate my first one. Apparently deer like the new K12S a lot!

Cheers!

Todd

Todd,

I've been real happy with my K1200RS. Do you do distance rides on your 'S? I had originally got the the 'RS because the 'S was new at that point, and I was hoping Mrs. Affable would ride two-up with me... but her interest is minimal. Comments?

Calvin  (no socks)

Dave, I have both a Old K G/T and a K12s.....

Over 30k on each..

One feels like a locomotive...slow/heavy/cumbersome

The other is much more lithe/lighter/quicker.....

I have done 1200 mile days on both....

Recently took the GT on a 6000 mile trip...

My favorite is the 05' K12s...With a back-pack...No bags/gizmos :clap:

Sorry Tallman...its the truth.

Dave, I have both a Old K G/T and a K12s.....

Over 30k on each..

One feels like a locomotive...slow/heavy/cumbersome

The other is much more lithe/lighter/quicker.....

I have done 1200 mile days on both....

Recently took the GT on a 6000 mile trip...

My favorite is the 05' K12s...With a back-pack...No bags/gizmos :clap:

Sorry Tallman...its the truth.

Truth, like beauty, may be in the eye of the betruther. :Cool:

The original GT's are the best looking BMW's ever.

:D

Since many of my trips are really our trips, the comfort of the original GT is a big plus for me/us.

For riding solo, the new S is a great machine.

Calvin,

You can give me yours and I'll take care of it when the garage is too full. :grin:

The new GT, as I've posted before, is a K RT, to me.

That is not a disparagement.

Fabulous bike w/all day comfort and serious get up and go.

It would most likely be our choice, if (not any time soon) we decided to change.

Folkdancer48

Hi, Tim. Sorry that I missed you at the Blue Ridge Rendezvous this time (I had to drop out at the last minute for work-related reasons).

Your comment about riding two-up and possibly getting a new KGT struck my eye. I have a 2007 KGT and, while it is reasonably comfortable for me alone, my wife does not like it that much. I recently purchased the large 48-liter top case (which has a larger back pad than the 28 liter version) and that seems to make things somewhat better for her. But I think the seating may be the real issue (two firm and narrow).

Before giving up and going to a K12 LT, I going to try a new seat. I will let you know how things turn out. Having said that, perhaps your wife is more of a "trouper" with less need for the last word in comfort.

We add sheepskin for most short rides (100-200 miles).

If we're going for a few days with 300-500 miles one way, we add an Airhawk under the sheepskin.

The Airhawk does great job of eliminating pressure points.

Bicycle shorts w/gel chamois helps too.

Gone but not forgotten........Living somewhere in Colorado now...

IMG_0108.jpg[/img]

Phil..........Redbrick (see above)

Archived