IGNORED

Need info on Stihl trimmer

randy

Anyone have any experience with the Stihl

KM 90R

KM 110R

I am thinking of buying one of these. anyone have experience with either of these units.

A few years back I was looking for a 4 stroke string trimer with versatility.

I asked about it here & searched about them here.

I don't recall the details on why, but I was convinced that the KM system was not the way to go.

I ended up with a FS 110 R and adjustable hedge trimmer.

The motor is a 4 stroke but uses 50 to 1 gas/oil.

My prier unit was electric so I have no input for you how it compares to what else is on the market.

I'm happy with mine. Use it just about every week year round with no problems thumbsup.gif

justplainray

I use to run a Stihl dealership in CT. the KM 90 has only .03 hp less than the KM 110 and cost less. So I advocate the KM 90 for the $$ advantage. Be sure to run the synthetic oil mix. Does not matter the brand of oil, just be sure to run synthetic at 50 to 1 ratio. they are good machines and will give good service.

DaveTheAffable
.. anyone have experience with either of these units.
+1 on Stihl products. I have Saw, and a Blower/Vac/Shredder. Buy from a dealer.

I guess I should have been more clear, I already own Sthil products. For lawn and wood use, it is all I have ever owned. The KM series is the new line that allows one power unit to operate many different attachments. so instead of a dedicated trimmer, dedicated saw blade, dedicated tree cutter, you get one power head with three attachments. The shaft drive is a lifetime guarantee, and the motor is the new 4 cycle, but mix fuel design. Lighter and much quieter than my current 12 year old trimmer.

I was more interested in actual experience using the attachments. This design came out 3 maybe 4 years ago, and there was many problems. Now I hear very good reviews on the latest 2008 design and functionality.

Archived