IGNORED

Don't leave home without your camera license

UberXY

It's very sad when everyone questions your motive for taking pictures. Here's a recent local example: Do you have a permit for that bear photo?

I was trying to take some photos at the Calgary Farmers' Market last weekend and was told very rudely by one of the flower vendors that photos were not allowed. Some vendors had complained that their displays were being photographed by their "competition" to try to copy the displays and "artwork" of some of the vendors. I explained that my day job prevented me from opening a competing enterprise. I then asked the vendor if I could just take some pictures of only their booth because I was just trying out my camera and found elements of their flower arrangements very appealing. She said no.

I told her that me buying anything was also now out of the question.

These people are missing the clear advantages to amateur (or pro) photos of their venues. Advertising and exposure. If anyone wants to copy their display or artwork they are just going to use a small camera or camera phone or just jot down some notes.

Now my whole point of taking the photos was to test indoor performance/light balance/depth of field and higher ISO performance. Some of the people scenes were very interesting, and I would have gladly posted them. But it is not to be.

But I really think these people are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Mike Cassidy

the summer after 9/11, my dock neighbor spent an afternoon on his new deckboat videotaping his kids playing in the waters of Lake Wylie near Catawba Nuclear Station in SC. They had a highly visible presence of M-16 toting guys in civilian clothes prowling around the place for a couple of years after 9/11. I was glad to see that.

anyhow, someone apparently got his boat reg. numbers as the FBI payed him a little visit at his home and demanded he hand over the cam-corder. we busted his chops for a long time after that. grin.gif

Christian_rider

What happens if they get a look at the Monday's s thread? I am still looking for the Tuesdays s thread of video! Or does the video tread have another name?

Francois_Dumas

Weird. I remembered all the paranoia in Eastern Europe back when it was still commie country..... could hardly tote a camera anywhere without being attacked by one or other uniformed 'official', soldier or a pack secret police creeps. In most instances it was even hazardous to your 'freedom'.

So I was really quite surprised to be harassed by some sort of 'guard' in a shopping mall in Florida last year, telling me it was not allowed to make photos there !

'Freedom' ????????? lmao.gif

they didn't want my camera licence, they wanted me in jail... you see it was/is illegal to take a picture of a fishing doha in a fishing harbour in Kuwait... because "its a military installation" snort snort yeah right the Doha's have some secret nuclear propulsion system that sounds like flapping sails...

i forfeited the film and made a haste exit stage right...

Archived