IGNORED

Baseball Rookie

ltljohn

I had an interesting experience last night. I took a colleague from Germany to his first baseball game last night. It was a minor league (AAA) game so there was lots of little things going on between innings, that are unique to minor league baseball. Just before gametime we were sitting and talking and the first two questions he asked were "what is that pile of dirt in the middle?" and "what is the object of this game?" His total knowledge of the game was that it exists. It really was interesting and fun explaining the basics and what was happening during the game. Even if you never played the game if you grow up in America you know something about the game. I have always found it fascinating going to other countries and learning about their culture, it was really great to share a little bit of our culture with someone else. They also served a yummy IPA at one of the consessions. He had a great time and will take a positive view back home.

I was once that rookie though I saw my first games on TV. My ex explained the game to me, turned out she didn't know much about baseball... dopeslap.gif

So what were his observations about the game?

He liked the game and found the basics easy to understand but realized it can be a complex game. We talked this morning and he had a great time.

Archived