IGNORED

Opinion; HyperLites on cages.

Wyn

Been thinking about putting HyperLites on my car. Course, they would be on flash then go solid mode but frankly, I think it's a good idea. What do ya'll think? lurker.gif

I like the idea, but have some musings:

Is there any question on the legality? If so, do we as bikers get cut a little slack for safety reasons, where a car might not?

If everyone puts them on their car, and everyone gets used to seeing them, does it dilute their effectiveness on a bike?

I agree with one of the other posts which stated that if everyone started putting them on, those of us that have 'em on our bikes may start to blend in with the rest of the caged monsters. I take comfort in having every advantage I can at being seen.

I have thought about doing this for a while. In some states, like NJ, it is illegal to have flashing red lights on your vehicle unless you are a cop or fire chief.

When I brought my bike for state inspection, they almost failed me for my BMW flashing brake light. I explained it was factory and all was well. The same station gave me a hard time because my Nolan faceshield does not have a DOT marking on it. That turned rather ugly.

Archived