IGNORED

April 15th-Finally

BFish

Made it. Once again my gratitude for the pleasant "distraction" this board provides. The ability to pop in here a few times a day to see what's going on is most enjoyable.

Go climb a rock Dave!

I just sealed the envelope.........do I look lighter???????

I feel light headed........

A little sick to my stomach too.

dopeslap.gifconfused.giffrown.gifcrazy.gifeek.gif

Dave McReynolds

Glad to hear April 15 has arrived in Florida. It will still be pre-April 15th for a few more hectic hours here in Sacramento. Hope to see you sometime this summer, Brian!

Made it. Once again my gratitude for the pleasant "distraction" this board provides. The ability to pop in here a few times a day to see what's going on is most enjoyable.

Go climb a rock Dave!

So is it the sinking of the Titanic, 1912, Lincoln's death, 1865, or the issuance of the first credit card in 1952, that you're all worked up about? confused.gif

Just e-filed 2 hours ago. I got married this year and screwed the pooch on the standard deductions I claimed for us... ooops. I narrowly avoided a penalty, but I'm still $3200 lighter than I was yesterday. Yes, It was nice having the extra cash the last 12 months... but ouch!

I am glad you all got your taxes in. I filed the all so despised extension. bncry.gifbncry.gif Just don't have all the information. As for the marriage tax, it took Matt and I 3 years to figure that one out.

BTW, has anyone looked into the Fair Tax? Take a look if not: Tax Freedom

As for the marriage tax, it took Matt and I 3 years to figure that one out.

Marriage penalty went away quite some time ago. Married couples pay the same taxes they would if they were single and splitting the income evenly.

Marriage penalty went away quite some time ago. Married couples pay the same taxes they would if they were single and splitting the income evenly.

That's not quite correct. Adjustments were made to the 15% bracket, the standard deduction and the earned income credit which addressed only a relatively small portion of the "penalty." The political spin was that the fix was complete. The changes are scheduled to expire at the end of 2010. By the way, nothing was done to address the marriage "bonus."

Brian

I wish I could say I made it. Cleaning up some Quickbooks stuff from 2007 has delayed our filing. Last year I started my own business and this will be the first year in 19 years I have not filed my taxes on 4/15. However, it does not really hurt my feelings. Uncle Sam has gotten more than his fair share from me in the past.

Lets_Play_Two
Just e-filed 2 hours ago. I got married this year and screwed the pooch on the standard deductions I claimed for us... ooops. I narrowly avoided a penalty, but I'm still $3200 lighter than I was yesterday. Yes, It was nice having the extra cash the last 12 months... but ouch!

Where else can you get a "no monthly payment, interest free loan"?

I am almost embarrassed to admit, I filed my return and am getting a refund for the first time in 30 years,,,,,arggggggg. dopeslap.gif

Tell that to the AMT. bncry.gif

Archived