IGNORED

MC title in MN????

MNCruiser

I just received my title in the mail from Minnesota DMV for my new-to-me RT. Everything looks ok except under body style/model it says RS. So I go back to the Licensing Center to try to get it straightened out because I’m anal about stuff like that, and there’s no excuse for it. I have my copy of the form I originally filled out at the Licensing Center, and it clearly says R11RT in the body style/model box. Anyway, the clerk at the license center said she had to call the DMV to try to straighten it out, and since I was there on a Saturday, would call me back on Monday. True to her word, she called me this morning and said that the State DMV told her that all motorcycles titles in MN say RS under body style/model. At this point I try to object or at least get some kind of reasonable explanation from her, but of course she was just relaying to me what someone else had told her, and I realize there is no point. So when I get home, I dig out the title for my other bike, and sure enough, the body style/model listed for my R1200C is RS. Anybody else ever hear of this? Any other MN riders have RS on their title?

Yes. I have the exact same thing on my title here in Ca. I just renewed my tag two weeks ago and I was going to say something like you did and said "what the heck" and did not bother. I have learned it just does not make sense to rock the boat. Especially where the government is involved. As long as Ca. keeps renewing my tag I can live with "RS" on the title.

Archived