IGNORED

motorcycle thief dies in spectacular fashion

DaveC

Say this today in the Sacramento Bee:

"A man without a helmet riding a stolen motorcycle died after hitting a barrier and being thrown over a freeway guardrail 32 feet to the ground below, the California Highway Patrol reported Monday.

About 9:40 a.m. Sunday, Jeremy Jennings, 20, of Sacramento was traveling at high speed on a white 2007 Honda motorcycle, westbound on Interstate 80 transitioning onto the Capital City Freeway, the CHP reported. He rode onto the right shoulder and struck a low concrete wall.

The impact sent Jennings over a guardrail and onto the ground below, a 32-foot drop, according to the CHP. Jennings, who was driving on a suspended driver's license, died at the scene."

Strike #1 - stealing a motorcycle.

Strike #2 - riding wrecklessly without a helmet.

Strike #3 - Hitting the concrete railing on a freeway overpass.

Three strikes: Your out!

I hope he did not get a chance to procreate before he killed himself.

I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone else. He was a 20 year old who made a series of bad decisions and he died. That is a tough penalty.

Say this today in the Sacramento Bee:

"A man without a helmet riding a stolen motorcycle died after hitting a barrier and being thrown over a freeway guardrail 32 feet to the ground below, the California Highway Patrol reported Monday.

About 9:40 a.m. Sunday, Jeremy Jennings, 20, of Sacramento was traveling at high speed on a white 2007 Honda motorcycle, westbound on Interstate 80 transitioning onto the Capital City Freeway, the CHP reported. He rode onto the right shoulder and struck a low concrete wall.

The impact sent Jennings over a guardrail and onto the ground below, a 32-foot drop, according to the CHP. Jennings, who was driving on a suspended driver's license, died at the scene."

Strike #1 - stealing a motorcycle.

Strike #2 - riding wrecklessly without a helmet.

Strike #3 - Hitting the concrete railing on a freeway overpass.

Hmm...recklessly, perhaps... smirk.gif
Whether or not he had a helmet on seems slightly immaterial to his death.

Helmets are required in California. Riding without one will really attract police attention. He was really breaking all of the rules, and it cost him his life.

this is California ,I bet his mom is getting a lawyer right now.

Someone will have to pay. Where else can an idiot not be responsable for his own actions and then the family get free money in the settlement... dopeslap.gif

Where else can an idiot not be responsable for his own actions and then the family get free money in the settlement... dopeslap.gif

If the ninth circus gets a hold of it, it's a done deal. tongue.gif

Some lawyer will get a hold of this regretfully and blame it on Honda Inc. "Honda" is the one who made the evil, too fast motorcycle and forced the young man to run wide open to his death, don't you know? It's a cryin' damn shame.

BalancePoint
I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone else. He was a 20 year old who made a series of bad decisions and he died. That is a tough penalty.

I have to agree. As much as I hate a thief, I have a hard time wishing something like this on anyone who isn't a cold killer themself. A lot of wild-ass 20-old kids turn things around. This one never gave himself the chance. It's a sad thing.

baggerchris

One time many years ago, two kids were shooting at a dump on the Navajo Reservation and found a big cat tractor sitting there. One kid got it started and the two spent a good 1/2 hour running that thing around until they saw the Navajo Police coming. They couldn't figure out how to stop or turn it off and ended up jumping off right before it went over the cliff and down into the trash. One kid almost got caught on the darn thing and went over, but he didn't and so lived to tell this story. Two 26 year old kids that knew better, doing something stoopid they never did before and almost paid a nasty price for a little fun. He was somebody's kid; maybe he was a punk, and just maybe he was a stoopid 20 year old.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Two 26 year old kids...

How old must a person be before we regard them as adults instead of kids?

I got caught up in a huge traffic jam because of that - and in the car, unfortunately.

What a moron. I really have no sympathy for him at all either. One of my friends had is bike stolen at gunpoint not too far from there last Summer.

bakerzdosen
Two 26 year old kids...

How old must a person be before we regard them as adults instead of kids?

One year older than me...
skinny_tom (aka boney)

There's been a lot of sport bike thefts in the bay area, and several of the victims have found their parts on Ebay and Craigslist in the central valley. Many have successfully alerted the proper authorities and had people jailed and recovered parts of their bikes. A couple of theft rings have been busted and hit the news too.

There's quite a celebration going on at the local level over this. If a bulliten board could make a sound, it would sound like Brazil just scored a goal and won the world cup.

If it was my bike that was stolen, I'd be very sad that my bike had to give its life to stop this criminal. I'd be very sad that police/fire/rescue had to waste their time cleaning up the mess. I'd be very sad that so many good people were late for dinner because they had to sit in traffic for hours. I'd be a little sad for the friends and family of this criminal although they are probably better off in the long run. As for the thief himself, good riddance to someone that thinks nothing of stealing another persons valuable possessions without regard for anyone else’s feelings or safety. I’ve been the victim of a similar crime where the thief was not caught, only myself and my family suffered a loss. Flame away if you must, you will not change my thoughts on this.

i just hope that there is video of all this...so i can see it on youTube.

Do you really mean that? Honestly? Really? Think about what you just said, really think about it. Would you really gloat over the death of a human being? Honestly?

I hope to all that is holy that you would not.

Whatever he may have done, I see only reason for sorrow. Sorrow that someone steals property, sorrow that they are reckless of others safety, sorrow that a human has died.

Andy

Whatever he may have done, I see only reason for sorrow. Sorrow that someone steals property, sorrow that they are reckless of others safety, sorrow that a human has died.

Andy

You sound like an extreme bleeding heart liberal.

Is our society better or worse off with this stupid thief dead?

I say better off.

Andy

You sound like an extreme bleeding heart liberal.

Is our society better or worse off with this stupid thief dead?

I say better off.

You do not know me, nor my politics, nor my opinions on crime and punishment. Would you introduce the death penalty for theft? Starting with what? Vehicle theft? Stealing candy form a store?

I am no bleeding heart and further more such personal attacks on board members are not permitted here. Put your point of view, do not launch personal attacks.

Andy

You do not know me, nor my politics, nor my opinions on crime and punishment. Would you introduce the death penalty for theft? Starting with what? Vehicle theft? Stealing candy form a store?

I am no bleeding heart and further more such personal attacks on board members are not permitted here. Put your point of view, do not launch personal attacks.

Andy

Chill out Andy.

My response was not a personal attack on you.

This thread is discussing the thief who killed himslf by making a series of very bad decisions.

We are all expressing opinions here.

We are all expressing opinions here.

We are.

You may be, but you are calling Andy a "bleeding heart liberal" as you "express" yourself. eek.gif

Andy lives in England. He's always chilled. grin.gif

i seem to have touched a nerve.

but, no i have no sympathy for jerks, thieves, or deadbeats.

no apologies.

You probably should have left "jerks" off that list.

i seem to have touched a nerve.

but, no i have no sympathy for jerks, thieves, or deadbeats.

no apologies.

You probably should have left "jerks" off that list.

Oh man, it rarely happens but that one really made me laugh out loud! Thanks, David. thumbsup.gif

Archived