IGNORED

Can an R1200 run on two buck chuck?

Timmer

278526967_V6JHB-S.jpg

$4 gallon gas and this is at a relatively competitive station in town. Do you think I can adapt my R1200 to run on a cheap wine like Two Buck Chuck?

Or maybe I should just stay home and drink lots of Two Buck Chuck? confused.gif

xbubblehead

Unfortunately, Two Buck Chuck's price on the east coast goes up due to shipping cost. confused.gif So here it more like Five Buck Chuck. But still nice to endulge.

At Arco here in H.B. gas is running $3.55/$3.65/$3.75 per gallon. How much will it cost me to make my 4Runner run on cooking oil? At 20 mpg I am getting to the point of trying anything especially since I drive for a living so to speak.

Got a few months before I see that in my town... then I can just start driving 3 miles into MO... that should keep me off $4 gas until next year. grin.gif

Hmm... on longer trips with long freeway stretches... "To use midgrade, or not to use midgrade on the RT... that is the question". About a $7-8 difference actually on a 1500 mile trip.

Do you think I can adapt my R1200 to run on a cheap wine like Two Buck Chuck? confused.gif

An RT on two buck Chuck? No I don't think so, it's a much too sophistocated machine. If you had a GS maybe. lmao.gif

Found this excerpt from an article on using Tannin mixtures as additives here :

"A tannin mixture may be further used as an ingredient in the preparation of solutions to be used for the preparation of high energy environmentally friendly fuels; the addition of tannin powder to fuels was found to drastically reduce the waste production and the exhalation thereof in the environment after total or partial combustion of said fuel, to allow recovery of this waste and limit the mechanical and chemical damage caused by this waste to boilers, heating systems, piping, internal combustion engines; furthermore, the use of such tannin-based fuel is also advantageous in terms of an increased efficiency of the engine or system that uses it, and because it causes no danger for both man and the environment..."

So maybe go for a younger Cabernet Sauvignon that has been aged in Oak...grin.gif

Archived