IGNORED

I just thought I'd say

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

Thanks in advance for the planning and prep work that everyone is doing. I know this kind of event can be a real handful to plan, and everyone has jobs, lives, etc to balance as well.

Lisa and I will be there, hopefully with a 50cc along the way. grin.gif

What prompted this message? I just sat down with a map and started thinking about the details of our trip. Then I started thinking about Un1 and how much fun we had with everyone. We missed the other Un's, but this one just seems like something we don't want to miss. Anyway...looking at the map, tracing all these twisty roads with my fingers, thinking about riding in all of these places I've never been, with old friends, and new ones really got me excited.

It got me thinking about having ice cream in that town in CO with Spike, Paul, Laney, Dick, etc. And laughing until my whole body ached as we tried to eat Pizza that night we finally made it back to Gunnison after Lester's throttle cable broke. And following Steve Asvitt on his K12RS cruise missle as we came down the mountain towards Paonia.

This is going to kick ass. cool.gif

Russell, I'm thrilled you and Lisa will be heading east!

I'm looking forward to meeting the two of you at what should be a fantastic Un-event!

Tasker

russell_bynum

I'm looking forward to meeting the two of you at what should be a fantastic Un-event!

Same here! I've been needing a good excuse to come East, and this was as good as any. smile.gif

PhillyFlash

I think you'll really enjoy riding in the Appalachian Mountains, Russell. It's much different that what you are used to out West. Much more lush vegetation, beautiful rolling hills, and cool little hollers that you ride in and out of. Besides the main routes, there are hundreds of twisty little roads to take you here and there, often through very rustic (i.e., hillbilly) little towns. (If you're thinking Deliverance, I think we could point you in the right direction.) I use to ride in the area quite often when I lived in Indiana, but haven't been there since 1985. I guess things may have changed, but much of that mountainous area has been very slow to change over the last 200 years. It is very pretty, and the flowering plants should be in full bloom at the higher elevations, if not everywhere else we ride. The BRP was often my first big ride of the season (usually around mid-June), and also my last big one in the Fall. Colors are beautiful for both seasons. This one should be a blast! thumbsup.gif

Archived