IGNORED

Get thee to Ashland, Oregon

bendbill

This season's A Midsummer Night's Dream is a hoot. Season ends late October.

Really, this play is great for the entire family. The audience was on its feet a full minute before the finale. clap.gif

It's great if you have never seen a play in your adult life. The setting, music, staging, and costumes are over the top. The artistic designer said he set it in 80's German techno-disco?!?! I say it's leather-and-feathers meets The Rocky Horror Picture Show--[which I've never seen but someone else said so]

It's great because for the first time in many years, there are cheap seats available [$20] all year long. Info at osfashland.org

And it's great because Southern Oregon has many twisty riding roads and a super county campground with clean restrooms about 5 miles out of town at Emigrant Lake. No website, but info at Jackson County Parks at 541 774-8183.

I have no association. My wife and I loved it. Am taking 10 kids/grandkids/nieces to see it again Apr 26, and will take a college group to see it in late July. I have seen 40-50 plays in Ashland, one of America's largest repertory professional theaters, and scores more in London, Stratford-upon-Avon, and elsewhere. This play is one of the best. **end of enthusing**

This could be a cool stop on the Un Trip. Though imagining Whip sitting through Shakespeare.....Oh yeah we are going.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Great show according to many friends that have seen it.

I should go in July, Its far enough out that we as a group prolly could get tickets.

....And finish off the day at the Black Sheep Tavern down town with a good English beer.

Ashland is a great kick off point for rides and a good strolling town with decent places to eat.

Thanks for the memory re-boot.

Archived