IGNORED

Support for nationalized food.

steve.foote

steve.foote

This follow along the line of several discussions here, but it make sense if one considers the agruements given thus far.

Food is essential to life. We simply cannot survive without it. Here in the US, most people here have plenty of it, but there are some who do not. So, do we risk allowing those who do not have access to abundant food to fall through the cracks, or should we be looking at nationalizing our nations food supply to ensure that that cannot happen?

Gary in Aus

To some , the question has to be how much more nationalised can you afford to be , there must be a limit to taxpayer funds!!

www.theage.com.au/article/2002/04/28/1019441324443.html

www.heritage.org/press/commentary/edu022003.cfm

impact.typepad.com/articles/2005/03/the_wheat_subsi.html

{not sure why the last site is not linking but it is worth reading}

We would appreciat it if you could contact your elected representatives and complained about government interference with your farmers.

With our grain and lowqual beef exports risng to the US all I can say is

"keep eating those cheeseburgers"

Calvin  (no socks)

Steve, we just had an Oriental food storage/import facility in Jax condemned. It took the govt. 2 months to do it....You know..investigate, organize a couple of junkets to the area, take a few pictures, get the financing approved, get a bench warrant, find the owners in China, ask their permission to prosecute,...etc.

I think the water supply should be first.....Nationalize all water...save it for the future and then buy all the imported water that you can consume in the next 100 years... we will finance the imports with money from the taxpayers NOT YET BORN.... dopeslap.gif

I want Perier....I want to bathe in it...I want to use it to mix paint to paint my house....fill my pool.... grin.gif

Support would be warranted if and only if we changed the type of foods supplied. Basically, we are polar bears in the desert - metabolic idiots that are completely inept at dealing with the cheap, high calorie foods that flood the market today. We didn't eveolve (or whatever) with such nutritional riches so our bodies cannot deal effectively with it. We store it - and that's bad.

If the government could assure that the supplied food was consistent with our physiologic requirements then absolutely. Otherwise - society is obese enough and costing the populous an outrageous amount. Why perpetuate a fatal trend in personal health?

steve.foote

Zep, maybe this could work.

Let's just assume that we went ahead and nationalized healthcare, nutrition and physical fitness thereby making the nationalization of all food production, processing and distribution economically necessary. I got to thinking that we could expand the US Postal system to include delivery of the food.

Each day, your mailman could drop off your regular supply of junk mail along with your government nutritionist's recommended daily food allocation. We could mandate reusable containers which the mailman would pickup each day as they dropped off your authorized meals. Maybe part of the return shipment could be a urine sample for diatary analysis.

It's just an idea.

steve.foote
Steve, we just had an Oriental food storage/import facility in Jax condemned. It took the govt. 2 months to do it....You know..investigate, organize a couple of junkets to the area, take a few pictures, get the financing approved, get a bench warrant, find the owners in China, ask their permission to prosecute,...etc.

I think the water supply should be first.....Nationalize all water...save it for the future and then buy all the imported water that you can consume in the next 100 years... we will finance the imports with money from the taxpayers NOT YET BORN.... dopeslap.gif

I want Perier....I want to bathe in it...I want to use it to mix paint to paint my house....fill my pool.... grin.gif

Calvin, I'm not drinking any of your Perrier. eek.gif

Zep, maybe this could work.

Let's just assume that we went ahead and nationalized healthcare, nutrition and physical fitness thereby making the nationalization of all food production, processing and distribution economically necessary. I got to thinking that we could expand the US Postal system to include delivery of the food.

Each day, your mailman could drop off your regular supply of junk mail along with your government nutritionist's recommended daily food allocation. We could mandate reusable containers which the mailman would pickup each day as they dropped off your authorized meals. Maybe part of the return shipment could be a urine sample for diatary analysis.

It's just an idea.

Ummm....not for nothing, didn't this get tried in Russia?? Just saying!

No thanks, if I bust my butt and make the money to feed my family, well then so can everyone else.

Archived