IGNORED

Rock Chalk!

Damean

Between that and activities at FLDS polygamist camp, a lot going on in TX these days.

It was a good game!

Don't forget the Lady Vols play for the NCAA title tomorrow against the Cardinal. Should be a great game. It's cool to see the ladies selling out the arena.

Bullett will be wearing Orange.

Jan

Congrats to the Jayhawks! thumbsup.gif After they stunned my Tar Heels (and hopefully exorcised all the demons about Roy Williams' departure), they were my pick to win. Looks like I missed a great game.

(and hopefully exorcised all the demons about Roy Williams' departure)

It did. Roy was actually at the game with a jayhawk on his shirt...

When I coached basketball, we ended practice with free throw shooting.

Everyone on the team had to make 2 in a row, when tired, wanting to leave.

If someone missed, we started over, from that shooter.

Put the pressure of being the last guy on different players.

Parents initally were aghast as we sometimes went on for a long, long time, until accomplishing our goal.

Eventually, we had some practices where everyone made 2 and we went home.

All season, John Calipari, an excellent coach, has said that "we'll make 'em when we need to."

I've listened to that and said, nope, that's a street mentality, not a coaching mentality.

In the end, they lost because they could not execute the most basic of tasks, making a free throw, under pressure.

There are not many opportunities in team sports to "score" when the opposition cannot try to prevent you from doing so.

Football used to have, and may still, a rule that if you fair caught a kick, you were enttiled to an unchallenged field goal try form the point of the catch. Da Bears were the last pro team I remember using this to win a game.

Congratulations to Kansas and their fans. They deserved the outcome they got.

Archived