IGNORED

What I heard today....

Paul_Burkett

Paul_Burkett

....is that today marks the 75Th anniversary of the repealing of Prohibition. It became official a short time later. clap.gif

Those of us from Western PA know that is why the '33' is on those lovely green bottles (formerly) from Latrobe...

Always liked that stuff in the green bottles, care to let the rest of us in on what that means?

( unless that info is classified or sumthin wink.gif)

Those of us from Western PA know that is why the '33' is on those lovely green bottles (formerly) from Latrobe...

Always liked that stuff in the green bottles, care to let the rest of us in on what that means?

( unless that info is classified or sumthin wink.gif)

Legend has it that the '33' refers to the end of probation in 1933. Another legend has it that there are 33 words in the RR mission statement on the bottle. I knew a Latrobe Brewing employee (long before the Bud buy out), who said he had no idea and that there were more legends than he could keep up with. I think RR kept the 33 mostly for its mystique. Too bad they're gone.

You definitely hit the '33' lore right on the head. I grew up about 40 minutes from the Latrobe 'Rock brewery, more than likely was weened on it, drank the ponies by the case at the Rathskeller at Penn State, and still hold the RR as my favorite...sad day when they moved to Joisey

Archived