IGNORED

Olympic Torch Relay

marcopolo

Golly, Don't these countrys have enough tanks to crush these silly protesters????

One person's silly protest is another's desire to right a wrong. The Chinese have enough tanks to crush silly protesters, you can be sure of that, it's what they've been doing on a daily basis in Tibet since they walked in and took over the country in 1951. IMO some things are worth protesting about. thumbsup.gif

tongne in cheek my friend.

I still remember and honor four Kids in Ohio

Do you mean, like, Northern Ireland?

Nope. I don't think the IRA have protested about anything since they became active in the NI govt. Self-government is exactly what Tibet would like a taste of. wink.gif

Golly, Don't these countrys have enough tanks to crush these silly protesters????

tongne in cheek my friend.

I still remember and honor four Kids in Ohio

If you meant it to be tongue in cheek a clue in that direction would have been helpful. As for your other point, I regret your 4 kids in Ohio means nothing to me, being as I'm on the other side of the pond...

Yes, I did miss clarifing my stance Geoffcee. My refrence to the Kids goes back to a police action we (US) got involved in some 40 years ago, Viet Nam.

During that time 4 children were gunned down on campus by a National Guard unit.

My refrence to the Kids goes back to a police action we (US) got involved in some 40 years ago, Viet Nam.

During that time 4 children were gunned down on campus by a National Guard unit.

Some sharp corners of the memory are not smoothed away by the passage of time, they linger to remind us what an imperfect world this is. Personally, I wish I could remember a fraction of the good stuff as clearly as I remember most of the bad. But that's life.

As an example, I go out on my bike and love every second of the ride, then I have to do it all over again to remind myself how really alive I was feeling. I mean, how irritating is that?! dopeslap.gif

A lot ot truth in that post Geoff.... sooo , I for one am going to take time this afternoon to ride away some of those rough corners..... if only for a moment or two

Archived