IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous Routes are up!

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Thanks to some great scouting and mapping efforts of Ken Insley as well as Don Schaffer's gracious offer to help us have easy access to them, the routes for Blue Ridge Rendezvous are posted here! There are both street and GS style routes in seperate areas at the bottom of Don's page. These are GPS files and not something you can print off without Mapsource (or similar) software. Mitch is in the process of replicating the Mapsource files in an easy to print PDF form from Microsoft streets and trips.

I have personally ridden about half of these roads and I have to say that we are in for a treat this year. Before you load these routes into your GPS, be sure you RECALCULATE them. Failure to do this will force most GPS's to do that calculation for you and give you something that will not even come close to resembling the initial intent of the route. Enjoy, and see everyone in a few weeks! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

be sure you RECALCULATE them. Failure to do this will force most GPS's to do that calculation for you and give you something that will not even come close to resembling the initial intent of the route

I'm not sure what this means dopeslap.gif

I've been able to save them all on one page thumbsup.gif Do I need to go to each route and just click recaulate?

confused.gif

Thanks

be sure you RECALCULATE them. Failure to do this will force most GPS's to do that calculation for you and give you something that will not even come close to resembling the initial intent of the route

I've been able to save them all on one page thumbsup.gif Do I need to go to each route and just click recaulate?

confused.gif

Thanks

Yes, do a right click on each route and recalculate it. When you're done the total mileage for the route should be within 3 miles of the mileage in the route name. Save the file, then load it onto your GPS.

Ken

I recalculated and it added about 50 miles to each route. I'm using MapSource v. 6.12.4.????

Go to Edit, then Preferences and click on the Routing tab.

Uncheck all of the avoidances and move the slider slightly to the left for minor roads.

This is usually the culprit in MapSource and can effect your route while using the GPS if the settings on it are set similarly and you have to recalculate for some reason.

Ken

confused.gif

Thanks

Just ask Hoontang ... she can tell you all about it!! grin.giflmao.gif

Archived