IGNORED

What did you learn today?

Kitsap

My grandmother always said to me "don't let a day go by without learning something new."

So I'm relating a time to my son when A&W Root Beer could be enjoyed in a big frosted mug at one of their restaurants. I have not seen one of their establishments in years. A little internet search and viola, there are 3 in the entire state of Washington frown.gif and none West of the Cascades. Sounds like a future ride plan to me.

What did you learn today? lurker.gif Besides that I'm slight off level.

PSYCH! The only other one in CT closed some time back. But they have one in Enfield, only 45 minutes ride from home!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Francois_Dumas

That two old classmates of 37 or so years ago have found each other apparently and are STILL in the industry we all studied for at the time: printing. Amazing ! They are managing editors of a weekly magazine for the printing industry..... I'll send them an email !

Dave McReynolds

On most days I usually don't learn anything much in particular. Today was an exception. My hard drive started to go bad in my main computer yesterday, so I turned it over to my computer lady to fix (not a good thing in the middle of tax season).

I brought my home computer, a notebook, in to work today, and thought I would hook it up to the nice monitor I have for my regular office computer. Then options began popping up on the screen, which I never thought I had. The result being that I now have two screens for the same computer. So I can put an Excel spreadsheet up on one and my tax program on the other. What a deal! It's like having two computers on at once. The mouse just zips back and forth between the screens. I've tried splitting the screen before, but everything gets scrunched. I may have to take my old computer home when it's fixed and leave my notebook as my main computer. Now that I've had a day with two screens, how can I ever go back? Before, I thought you could only do that with a Mac.

I'm not a computer geek, but I've been using computers for years; how have I missed this?

I learned a number of things today, most of them in the course of solving job-related "challenges". In fact, this whole week has been one big learning curve -- and that's just fine with me.

My grandmother always said to me "don't let a day go by without learning something new."

So I'm relating a time to my son when A&W Root Beer could be enjoyed in a big frosted mug at one of their restaurants. I have not seen one of their establishments in years. A little internet search and viola, there are 3 in the entire state of Washington frown.gif and none West of the Cascades. Sounds like a future ride plan to me.

What did you learn today? lurker.gif Besides that I'm slight off level.

My mom worked at the A&W in Kent, WA when she was a girl. I still love their root beer.

Today I learned a little about how the rear spar of a 737-800's horizontal stabilizer goes together.

As everybody knows, an otherwise free charged particle moving perpendicular to a magnetic field follows a circular path. Yestaerday a grade 12 student and I stumbled upon the fact that in this case the period of the circular motion is independent of the velocity or radius of the particle, and only depends on the mass and charge of the particle and the strength of the field.

BTW, for A&W fans, we have lots in BC.

i saw the employees make a batch of rootbeer once.

100 ponds of water and 100 pounds of sugar with the secret fixins that make a&w taste so good.

no foolin.

I always suspected that pond water was the secret ingredient in A&W.

There you go, I've learned something new today!

Imagine getting 100 ponds of water all the way up to the drive-thru...what a concept.

Truly something worth pondering... smirk.gif

Motorrad4fun

The fine folks at Autocom are just that.

Gettin my Zumo on Monday, leaving town on Tuesday am for a 5 day ride up the east coast, needed part #1300 to make it work with my aoutocom unit.

Do not have time to ride to local dealer.

Called autocom up and they said """"" no problem you will have it in hand monday, same price, we ride too""""""

Total phone time ,less than 2 minutes thumbsup.gif

"""Customer Service--- NOT the lost art"""

clap.gif

As everybody knows, an otherwise free charged particle moving perpendicular to a magnetic field follows a circular path. Yestaerday a grade 12 student and I stumbled upon the fact that in this case the period of the circular motion is independent of the velocity or radius of the particle, and only depends on the mass and charge of the particle and the strength of the field.

BTW, for A&W fans, we have lots in BC.

What are the odds?

Same bit of knowledge. dopeslap.gif

Mine was a 9th grader. grin.gif

It happened at @10:30 EDT.

Later watched a video yearbook from 1968, (MLK assassination anniversary) and learned that there were;

problems in the Middle East

genocide in Africa (Biafra)

Summer Olympics host city faced with protests and demonstrations

Concerns about the atmosphere in the host city (Mexico City/altitude, Beijing/pollution)

A major western country barely averted economic disaster and devaluation of their currency (France, not US)

There are racial tensions in America

It was a Presidential election year and the major issues included, our involvement in a foreign war, a splintered Democratic Party, the incumbent was not up for re-election, nor was the sitting VP running for Prez

Yep, the more things change.... lurker.gif

do do do do....

russell_bynum

Today I learned that there's probably a reason that that official BMW ball joint puller is $300 and weighs 5lbs and the one I bought was $40 and weighs a pound and a half. dopeslap.gif

I learned that after 40 years of marriage, some things just keep getting better and better. Thanks to Nurse Nancy. grin.gif

...that no matter how good you are at something, there is always going to be someone that will make you feel as if you totally suck. Happens every day to me.

There is a lot to learn and not so much time to learn it.

I learned that after 40 years of marriage, some things just keep getting better and better. Thanks to Nurse Nancy. grin.gif

It's amazing how two people over time truly become one entity. So much is said and understood without a word spoken. thumbsup.gif Our oldest told my wife and I we were like an Oreo cookie, he couldn't imagine one without the other. He wouldn't say who th creamy center was grin.gif

Archived