IGNORED

Mike Oldfield -- A BMW rider of all things!

beemerman2k

beemerman2k

If you're as old as I am, then you probably remember this composer for his great recording, "Tubular Bells", which was taken as the soundtrack to that 1973 hit film, "The Exorcist". I have long been a great fan of "Tubular Bells", and I am listening to it as I write this post. As a software engineer, I have spent countless hours writing C++ and C# code while listening to "Tubular Bells" on my iPod over the years.

In listening to this music, I grew curious as to who Mike Oldfield is, so I looked him up on Wikipedia. And to my surprise, this is one fragment of his life I learned about:

"Mike is a motorcycle fan, he has five bikes, which includes: a BMW R1200GS, a Suzuki GSX-R750, a Suzuki GSX-R1000 and a Yamaha R1. He also says that some of his inspiration for composing comes from riding them."

My what great taste in motorcycles. No wonder I love his music so much! I have enjoyed many rides while listening to his music with my iPod. Anyhow, it's rather rewarding when you learn that someone you admire so much not only rides motorcycles, but attributes much of his genius to this passion! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hell, maybe he'll end up being one of those "crazies" who orders an R1200S HP2. I know I would if I could afford one. In 5 years, who will remember a 2008 GSXR? Nobody. But a R1200S HP2? We'll still be salivating over one.

Thanks! clap.gif I've gotta confess to having spent countless hours both working and riding to Tubular Bells - at times I've questioned if this was a healthy sign or not. eek.gif

Archived