IGNORED

Lets see some of your art work

roydog007

I made this one for the San Fernando Solar Observatory about 10 years ago.

They just sent me a thank you note and a couple of pictures.

He looks happy there grin.gif

273081412_mzdt3-L-1.jpg

273081315_oLp4T-L-1.jpg

And here's a couple of birds in the yard

270202983_iWkeR-L-1.jpg

Well no one would want to see any of my art work tongue.gif, but here's some of Donna's:

69964051_FFBSk-L.jpg

29268829_dtErV-L.jpg

29268567_48DLb-L.jpg

29268577_Qgvys-L.jpg

29268716_rpgSZ-L.jpg

69964045_nCRQa-L.jpg

Les is more

A solar observatory seems like the perfect place for your cool sunflower, Roy!

Wow! Donna's famous!! Awesome stuff!

I built it specifically for that location, the place seemed an bit sterile / industrial.

They made a rock garden around it so he can greet them each morning when they come to work.

He's part of the team that works at that site.

He's been putting a smile on their faces for 10 years now, that's more than I've done at my job grin.gif

Beautiful, Roy and Ken/Donna! Les, I'll have to assume that you've got a beautiful voice, MySpace always hangs my computer up and I couldn't load the other one! frown.gif

I used to do stained glass, haven't done any for years.

Some Samples:

Peacock

This panel was my most ambitious project, measuring 22" by 44 1/2", and containing about 250 pieces, not including the beveled border. It took about six weeks of evenings. (after work) It is a copy of an existing design.

1018177-peacock2.jpg

Abstract

This is an original design, and measures 21" by 24".

1018178-abstract2.jpg

Bamboo

This panel is an original design, adapted from a lamp. It is 21" by 24",

1018180-bamboo2.jpg

Spider

This panel measures 8 1/2" by 11. It is my own design, and was made in about two evenings. The picture was taken before it was finished. (I made a small spider from wire and a blob of solder and hung it from a loop at the top)

1018185-spider3.jpg

Wow.

I made a clay pot once, in junior high. I threw it on a large manually-powered potter's wheel that had a seat like an old farm tractor. What I didn't know was that one of my wicked clever classmates put a wad of potter's clay on the middle of the seat just before I started to work. I kicked that wheel intensely and really bore down, trying to make a nice piece. All that effort really ground that clay into the seat of my jeans, in a spot where a brown stain was quite embarrassing for the rest of the day. frown.gifgrin.gif

I'd nominate some of my woodworking if I could find the pics I took of a few pieces, and if not for Ralph's likely domination of that category. He makes art; I make sawdust.

Well, I'm with Les. You can only hear my art.

I played bass on this CD "Here To Stay", I wrote and sang the song "Me, Jim Beam, and Mary Ann", I wrote "The River" but the guitar player sang it.

I also played bass on this CD

http://www.myspace.com/thegypsycowgirls

http://www.mytexasmusic.com/garydelzpowertrio/

Here's my "myspace" site. It has a few complete tracks from the Gary Delz Power Trio CD

http://www.myspace.com/danperkinsband

whalerautumn

Raaan, they are wonderful and you have a great sense of scale and balance. The abstract is particularly good. And Wurty, even though we haven't met, I am sure we see eye to eye on most of the universe, I knew that your greatest achievements were those two. If I was good enough to post pictures, mine would be woodworking.

There are a lot of people from architects and landscape architects to water proofing contractors that work together to create the works of art that I am associated with.

I like to think that I have made a positive impact on the planet.

273729374_YxrEs-L.jpg

273733726_fSZ3C-L.jpg

I don't have an artistic bone in my body .can't even draw a straight line !! ..... both my brothers and my sister are very good at art [ they stole all my art genes I reckon , and my D.I.Y. ones too ] .

Apparently I do have an eye for the occasional photo though ...

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Great stuff everybody ! thumbsup.gif I can't show you anything.. I gave away most of my drawings, and the rest is in a box in the attic. Maybe when we move they'll surface again dopeslap.gif

WOW Thanks, This is all great stuff. I love the music. Your bass playing really sounds good Dan.

The glass work is Cool Ron thumbsup.gif I thought about doing some mixed media glass & metal forgings,

I haven't got to it yet.

Is that a Water color Scott ? the painting is incredible grin.gif

The architectural stuff is nice too I did some work for Gladstones for fish at Universal Studios way back when.

And Wurty that Photo is definitely art grin.gif

Terry, nice work thumbsup.gif

My dad flew a P-47 missions towards the end of the War. I think he totaled a couple of them with out a scratch.

Then fell out of the back of a jeep while drinking with his buddies and broke his arm and his jaw

Francois_Dumas

That's really cool Terry ! I noted your URL for inclusion on some of our aviation sites thumbsup.gif

Larry, thanks for the kind words.

Steve, you are right, architecture and architectural art does enrich life. Your water designs are a kind of on-going "performance art," and interactive too, judging by the 2nd picture!

Scott, your painting is phenomenal. I echo Roy's curiosity about the medium. I'd say watercolor too, but I didn't think one could achieve such precision as with the tiles with water.

And Wurty, not just cute, beautiful.

Terry, your drawings are awesome. I used to draw as a kid and young adult. Even did some watercolor painting. Almost all lost in various moves. When I moved again in '03, I found 2 drawings that I did about 35 years ago. Scanned them, Photo shopped some water damage from the backgrounds and put them in frames. Subject? Uhhhh...

Picture 1 is Dutch expatriate Pierre Karsmakers, known in the 70s as "The Flying Dutchman."

(Sorry Francois!)

1019916-mx3.jpg

1019916-mx3.jpg.1ed900901183d726d7898d16ddfa9a80.jpg

274816440_K37Fi-XL.jpg

You guys get to see most of the stuff I think of as Art I create. This one is a bit different. I just posted on the blog a few other Black and White shots I have taken this year.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

PS I love this thread.

I have a ton of stuff since I am a Creative Director, so I thought I'd show something motorcycle related... two designs of my old bike, the ST1300...

The first is a decal done for the website ST-Owners.com (the first version was too detailed for the size it was going to be cut out of vinyl, so the second version is a simplified version for easier manufacturing).

The second design was a T-shirt for the website that featured a ST1300 on the back with the logo on the front... the color of the bike on the back changed according to the color of the bike for that model year. Fun job to work on.

Thinking of doing one for the RT next.

ST1300decal1.jpg

ST1300decal2.jpg

ST1300shirtOld.jpg

ST1300shirtNew.jpg

Chris & Ron nice drawings, I knew some motorcycle drawings would start showing up smirk.gif

Tom cool picture, Hypnotic when you stare at it, it seems to move after a while. grin.gif

Archived