IGNORED

Mac-Thunderbird-AT&T-SSL

Ron_B

I just got this email from AT&T:

Dear AT&T Yahoo! Customer:

We noticed that you are accessing email using non-secure settings in your email software.

We would like to ensure that your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID, password, and email messages are transmitted securely between your mail software (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) and the AT&T Yahoo! Mail servers. In order to meet this need, please enable SSL via the instructions that are available on the Help site.

Since multiple email notifications have already been sent out about this, we request that you please make the necessary changes immediately. Remember, you need to make these changes if you want to continue to send/receive email using a mail client.

Thank you for your cooperation,

AT&T Yahoo! Customer Support

Well, checking my Mac-Thunderbird setup, I see that SSL is already enabled.

HELP! dopeslap.gif

I'm not familiar with Yahoo's specific settings or policies here, but check both incoming and outgoing server settings?

Under your account's server settings, check that SSL is selected, which it sounds like you did and it is. Second, under "Outgoing server (SMTP)" at the bottom of the account list, edit the yahoo entry there and ensure SSL is selected there too.

If you're good, I'd contact them and let them know you're in compliance.

DavidEBSmith

A lot of people are getting this:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20241646-Yahoo-ID-you-are-accessing-email-using-nonsecure-

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20203499-Message-From-Yahoo

Consensus seems to be ignore it. One thing you could re-check is the names of the servers, both POP and SMTP:

# Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.

# Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.

# Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).

* Change the SMTP port to 465.

# Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).

* Change the POP3 port to 995.

Archived