IGNORED

Firearms for home improvement

stubble!

after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Makes me wonder what other means he tried...normally if you can not punch through a wall with standard tools I would not think a 22 cal. bullet would do it....even though I would have never thought to do it with a gun anyway...

Reminds me of the guy who got his wife to ride their skidoos out onto the ice and claimed she "accidentally" drowned when they fell through.

He got life in prison for pre-meditated murder.

I gotta wonder in this case...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15733851/detail.html

CUMMING, Ga. -- A Forsyth County man ran over and killed his girlfriend with a half-ton truck, according to police.

Mark Jones, 42, of Cumming is accused of hitting Chrissy Newton, 34, on Shiloh Rd. Sunday after an argument. She died Wednesday of her injuries.

Police arrested Jones on DUI charges on Sunday, but now he could be facing more serious charges.

He was released from the Forsyth County detention center Sunday after posting a $1,375 bond, a jail spokeswoman said.

Ms. Newton sure is lucky they had a truck around for transportation.

DavidEBSmith

And that proves guns are safe because you can kill somebody with a truck, too.

after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Makes me wonder what other means he tried...normally if you can not punch through a wall with standard tools I would not think a 22 cal. bullet would do it....even though I would have never thought to do it with a gun anyway...

I would not have gone that route either, but... There are fasteners that use gun powder charges to drive nails into concrete bricks. IF he had any familiarity with that tool, he may have made a bad "logical" conclusion.

No, but it seems important to remember that motor vehicles are many times more likely to be involved in your death, yet nobody cries about banning them.

Either that or it simply proves that glib smart aleck comments and bumper sticker logic are useless.

I'm taking one of those positions and discussing the other but I won't tell you what I actually believe... I guess you are incapable of making the distinction.

She was fortunate to have armed protection in the home.

He was fortunate to have a flower pot in his home!

Linky

MERRILLVILLE -- A Gary woman who beat an 84-year-old man over the head with a flower pot has been charged with murder.

A Lake County Coroner's report issued Friday stated that Alfred Angelini, a decorated World War II veteran, died of brain injuries suffered when he was allegedly attacked and robbed in his home by Theresa Ann Hunt on Nov. 13...

Either that or it simply proves that glib smart aleck comments and bumper sticker logic are useless.

If you're going to use self-defense to support a need for possession of weapons, then a tool of that necessary self-defense being used to kill accidentally (or on purpose) would appear to undermine that argument.

No, but it seems important to remember that motor vehicles are many times more likely to be involved in your death, yet nobody cries about banning them.

I'm taking one of those positions and discussing the other but I won't tell you what I actually believe... I guess you are incapable of making the distinction.

No Doubt... lurker.gif

HairyCannonball

Nah, it just proves that if he had a sawzall she would have been just as dead..but in more pieces.

If you're going to use self-defense to support a need for possession of weapons, then a tool of that necessary self-defense being used to kill accidentally (or on purpose) would appear to undermine that argument.

How so? confused.gif

Copied from elsewhere:

----The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

As John Steinbeck once said:

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a .46."

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun."

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!" She then asked, "Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?" My reply was, "No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too." To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank

DavidEBSmith

Ohhh, that rejoinder just wounded me to the core. I'm not really sure what it means, but it sounds vicious.

Remember, when flower pots are outlawed, only outlaws will have flower pots.

Joe Frickin' Friday

OK, we've explored the firearms topic extensively in three different threads, and it's getting repetitive and bitter. Go ride.

Archived