IGNORED

Spam Interruptus

Ron_B

Mind you, I'm not complaining. clap.gif

For what seems like mini-eons, I've gotten upwards of 50 pieces of spam a day. AA&T's filters have always done a good job keeping it out of my inbox, but I had to open my bulk folder every couple of days to delete it, and to check if any legitimate mail got misdirected.

Gone! (???)

All gone! (???) clap.gif

Over the last holiday weekend, it all seemed to disappear!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

No more on-line pharmacies...

No more unsolicited stock tips...

No more great discounts on watches...

No more "excite your lady with your new bigger d***."

Gone! All gone!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Whaaat happened???

I get over 100 spams a day. Microsoft Outlook does a good job of placing them in the junk email folder, but I still get 2-5 a day that get through. Imagine how much electicity is generated by sending billions of spam email out. Plus does content of spam email define our society? bncry.gif

On-line pharmacies...

Unsolicited stock tips...

Great discounts on watches...

"Excite your lady with your new bigger d***."

Paul_Burkett

I'll tell you where it went, Ron, I have it. I have been getting all kinds of junk lately, drugs and e-bay stuff. I just mark it spam and within a week it changes to something else, also it comes in pairs, two of the same ad at the same time. I went for over a year without getting any spam and I put the Bulk setting to not keep anything, and that worked, but now, if there is a legit address, it gets through the spam filter. What a pain.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Gone! All gone!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Whaaat happened???

Sorry, I've been a little busy lately, but I should have more time available soon; expect your spam count to increase in the near future. tongue.gif

DavidEBSmith

I have a catch-all email address for one of my domains that was getting thousands of spam messages per day, much of it bounced messages because some spammer was using it as a fake return address. I had to have heavy spam filtering at the mail server plus a bunch of special filter rules to deal with the hundreds of messages that got past the spam filters.

I checked about a month ago and there was no spam in the spam box. I turned off all the filtering and I was getting maybe 10 spams a day, and the last couple of days, it's been down to one or two or even zero.

So I know that some spammer out there got shut down or gave up.

Most of mine gone too. On the DSLReports board this topic was discussed too. Be careful, apparently AT&T is blocking a lot of legimate mail as well. My sister asked me why I didn't reply to her notes and it turns out I never got them.

ShovelStrokeEd

Funny thing, I get zero spam on my laptop which I use for both business travel and as my home computer.

Our network gets a bunch cause the IT guys have had to leave the filters pretty open to allow some of the strange IP addresses our international customers use. I probably delete 40 or 50 a day. I'm getting paid so it doesn't bother me all that much. Didn't get very much at all till we switched to an enterprise server. Most of the stuff comes in to our qc.support address which is linked to our web site. Every once in a while we get something linked to a particular employee's name. Invariably he/she has been somewhere other than a work related site.

I'd guess, as mentioned by Scarecrow, that AT&T has changed something.

Both at work (where I work with the guys that run our spam filters) and at home, I'm seeing record spam. At work, we've seen spam spiking fiercely. On haverkamp.com, I've never seen it so high. For the last month, my spam folder has almost 50,000 messages. That means that 50,000 messages got past the IP-based reputation filters that Google employs.

I'm just the opposite. I've started getting more spam in my inbox than I used to but some of my "regulars" are going to my bulk folder. AT&T has definitely changed something.

steve.foote
Most of mine gone too. On the DSLReports board this topic was discussed too. Be careful, apparently AT&T is blocking a lot of legimate mail as well. My sister asked me why I didn't reply to her notes and it turns out I never got them.

Scarecrow is correct here. AT&T (aka BellSouth) has added some new block lists to their spam defense. We have a number of customers who can no longer email these domains. I'm sure that they will turn down the defenses once people start to light up their phones reguarding legitimate email which is not being delivered.

It's a vicious back-and-forth game.

This morning I sent all my usual contacts my gmail address and told them to use that instead of my at&t address. If nothing else I found out from the 'bounced' notices I had a few old addresses for some people. Either that or their isp was blocking my mail <grin> wink.gif

Archived