IGNORED

MOA rally

Rich06FJR1300

Rich06FJR1300

so looks like i'm going this year! But we're not riding out, not enough time off so I'm going with a friend of mine via enclosed trailer. He just got one and has room enough for me to go and 2 others. So should be a treat to actually get out west. Only hitch (no pun intended) is the gas prices will more than likely be higher by the summer, especially out west but what the heck...could be a once in a lifetime deal and a chance to see some great roads out there. We're planning on riding out to yellowstone national park, devil's tower and into Montana to see Custer's last stand monument to name a few places. Any suggestions welcome! SO about 4 months and counting!

so looks like i'm going this year! But we're not riding out, not enough time off so I'm going with a friend of mine via enclosed trailer. He just got one and has room enough for me to go and 2 others. So should be a treat to actually get out west. Only hitch (no pun intended) is the gas prices will more than likely be higher by the summer, especially out west but what the heck...could be a once in a lifetime deal and a chance to see some great roads out there. We're planning on riding out to yellowstone national park, devil's tower and into Montana to see Custer's last stand monument to name a few places. Any suggestions welcome! SO about 4 months and counting!

Riding west from Gillette to Yellowstone. Take Rt16 out of Buffalo then up 20 into the park. North of the park pickup RT 212 (Beartooth Hwy) north. It’s spectacular ! Then Rt. 212 will take you to the Little Big Horn.

+1 on Beartooth (I think that is my favorite ride I've ever been on)

I made a loop leaving from Red Lodge, MT. I jumped on the Chief Joseph Highway and went around the mountain, then turned back onto the Beartooth Highway and went up over the pass back towards Red Lodge. The actual pass was closed (due to landslides) when I went through in '05 but I could still make it up to the summit. There is nothing like snow in the middle of August grin.gif

cool! thanks much. I take it Yellowstone i have to be careful with all the wildlife running about.

I'd worry a lot more about all the gawking tourists in their RVs and SUVs not paying attention, especially when it comes to someone on a bike.

So, you have no time to ride the bike but time to ride in a truck with a trailer carrying your bikes? How does that work? Unless you are flying in and getting picked up. Some how logic escapes me! dopeslap.gif

Most likely a result of shared driving w/multiple drivers allowing them to go farther in each 24 hour period.

Works for him.

Rich06FJR1300

you got it. I'd like to do it one day but not sure i can get that many miles with the time alloted. Plus, if i I did, i'd probably be exhausted by the time its all said and done.

Man, I'd love to go. I've "done" the northeast to death. I need a little mid-west action! Unfortunately, circumstances preclude my travel out there in the near future. Maybe next year...Good luck -- ride safe!

Archived